Unfortunately, tailgating truck accidents are a common occurrence on the roads of Orlando, Florida, and one that can be daunting and deadly.
Tailgating truck accidents happen when a truck follows a vehicle too closely, resulting in a collision if the vehicle has to brake suddenly.
Due to the sheer size and weight of trucks, accidents involving these kinds of vehicles can cause devastating fatalities and injuries when they collide with smaller vehicles.
It’s essential that drivers are fully aware of the dangers of tailgating and take the necessary steps to stop these needless collisions from happening.
At The Law Place, we have experienced Orlando tailgating truck accident lawyers to help guide you through the process and help you to shape your case.
Call (941)-444-4444 now to speak to an experienced Orlando tailgating truck accident lawyer at The Law Place and schedule your free consultation.
What Is Tailgating?
Tailgating is simply when a vehicle follows another vehicle too closely on the road, and in the case of trucks, this can be particularly dangerous due to their size and weight.
Trucks can take much longer to stop than smaller vehicles on the road, which can result in a collision if the vehicle in front suddenly brakes.
Throughout Orlando, Florida, tailgating is a common cause of truck accidents, with so many truck accidents resulting in serious injuries and fatalities.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, in 2020, a total of 4,014 people died in large truck crashes.
This is 28 percent higher than the number of people who died in truck crashes in 2009, again highlighting the serious nature of truck collisions.
Why do Truck Drivers Tailgate
Truck drivers may tailgate for a variety of reasons, and The Law Place has listed some of these potential reasons below.
- Impatience – Tight deadlines for truck drivers may put them under pressure, leading to impatience and a tendency to drive aggressively.
- Inexperience – Some truck drivers may be inexperienced or poorly trained, which can lead to erratic driving behaviors such as tailgating.
- Distractions – Truck drivers may become distracted by things such as mobile phone, radios, or other devices while driving, which could lead to them losing focus and following vehicles too closely.
- Fatigue – Truck drivers work long hours, and this can lead to fatigue behind the wheel and cause driver errors. As a result, their vision, judgment, and reaction times could also be impaired.
- Road Conditions – Poor road conditions, such as bad weather and heavy traffic, can make it difficult for truck drivers to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles.
If you or a loved one has suffered a truck tailgating accident, then you need to contact The Law Place as soon as possible and book a free consultation with an experienced truck accident attorney.
Dangers of Tailgating
It’s important that you fully understand the dangers and risks of tailgating, particularly when it involves large commercial trucks.
The Law Place has listed some of the dangers of tailgating below, which will help us shape your case.
- Reduced Visibility – The driver of the vehicle in front may not be able to see the road ahead as well, and if a truck is following too closely, a collision may occur.
- Little Maneuverability – With trucks being far larger and heavier than other vehicles this means they have limited maneuverability. If a truck follows another vehicle too closely, it may be unable to avoid a collision if there are any sudden changes or obstacles.
- Greater Force – Trucks can cause serious damage when they collide with smaller vehicles due to their size and weight. In a truck tailgating accident, the force of the impact can cause massive injuries and fatalities.
Common Tailgating Truck Accident Injuries
Truck tailgating accidents can result in a variety of injuries, something which will help The Law Place and our personal injury attorneys mold your case.
It’s pivotal that you contact The Law Place if you have suffered any injuries from a tailgating truck motor vehicle accident, as one of our experienced attorneys will be able to help you.
To help you understand some of the injuries involved in tailgating truck accidents, we have listed the most common ones below.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – TBI is a type of injury that occurs when a blow or jolt to the head causes brain damage. Traumatic brain injuries can range from concussions to severe brain damage and can have long-term health effects on victims’ quality of life.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – An SCI is a type of injury that happens when the spinal cord is damaged. This often results in paralysis or other serious health conditions for the victim.
- Broken Bones – Truck tailgating accidents can result in broken bones, particularly in the victim’s legs, arms, and ribs. This can be extremely painful, taking a long time to heal fully.
- Internal Injuries – Damage to internal organs and internal bleeding can occur from a tailgating truck accident. These types of injuries can be life-threatening, requiring immediate medical attention and potential expenses.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – Sprains, strains, and contusions are just some of the soft tissue injuries that a victim of a tailgating truck accident may suffer. These injuries can be painful for the victim and may require medical attention.
How You Can Help The Law Place
If you or a loved one are a victim of a tailgating truck accident in Orlando, Florida, it is essential that you take the necessary steps and seek compensation.
Seek Medical Attention
Seeking medical treatment after suffering a tailgating truck accident is the first step you must take, even if you do not feel injured.
It’s important that you receive confirmation from a doctor that you haven’t suffered any internal or other injuries that may not be immediately apparent.
Contact The Law Place
At The Law Place, we have a team of experienced and skilled tailgating and truck accident victims’ lawyers to help guide you through the process of receiving some potential compensation.
Navigating this on your own can be daunting and tough, and The Law Place would prioritize getting you the justice you deserve for your accident-related injuries and receiving a fair settlement.
Document the Accident
It’s vital that you document the truck tailgating accident you have been involved in as soon as it occurred. This can be done by taking photographs of the accident scene, the one or more parties involved, the motor vehicle in question, and any injuries you or a loved one has suffered.
Follow Your Doctor’s Orders
Failure to follow medical advice can negatively impact your case and result in a lower settlement or judgment. You must follow your doctor’s orders and attend all scheduled medical appointments.
Truck accidents can take a lot of time to resolve because they are serious accidents that can put people off from seeking legal advice.
Nevertheless, it’s important to remember that an experienced truck accident lawyer at The Law Place will do everything they can to make this a speedy process for the victim after this serious accident.
It’s important to seek legal advice from an experienced Orlando truck accident lawyer if you have suffered any injuries from a tailgating truck accident as soon as the accident occurs.
Driving a Truck Under the Influence
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a serious and dangerous offense in Orlando, Florida, especially when it comes to truck drivers.
Drivers may be arrested for a DUI in Orlando, Florida, when their blood alcohol content (BAC) is at least 0.08 percent.
Nevertheless, commercial truck drivers are subjected to legal standards that are amplified, meaning their blood pressure cutoff is 0.02 percent.
If you have been charged with a tailgating truck accident while driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you may face the following consequences.
- License suspension.
- Jail time.
- Increased insurance rates.
Assigning Liability in a Orlando Truck Accident Case
Liability for a tailgating truck accident depends on several key factors, which the Florida truck accident lawyers at The Law Place can explain in your free consultation.
In Orlando, Florida, negligence is the primary factor in determining liability in a tailgating truck accident. If the truck or commercial vehicle, or driver is deemed to have been negligent in their actions and how they caused the accident, they will be held liable for the injuries and damages caused to the victim.
Duty of Care
The truck driver has a duty of care to other vehicles on the road, and this includes maintaining a safe distance from any vehicles in front of them.
Tailgating is a breach of this duty of care, and they may be liable for any resulting damages from doing so.
A truck driver’s actions must be the proximate cause of the accident in a tailgating truck accident in Orlando, Florida. This means that the accident wouldn’t have happened if the truck driver had not tailgated the other vehicle.
You must have suffered damages from a tailgating truck accident in Orlando, Florida, to file a claim for the incident.
There are a few ways in which you can help support your personal injury lawsuit, such as:
- Call the Police – Reporting the incident to the police is essential if you have been involved in a tailgating truck accident. They will create an accident report which can be used as evidence in your claim.
- Gather Evidence – Collect as much evidence as possible at the scene of the tailgating truck accident including photos of the scene.
- Contact The Law Place – It’s crucial that you get in contact with an experienced attorney at The Law Place to help you navigate the tricky legal process. You may be entitled to compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Every Case Is Unique
Every tailgating truck accident in Orlando, Florida is unique with its own set of factors and circumstances that contribute to the accident.
From injuries sustained to the cause of the car accident itself, The Law Place will tailor your case to ensure the victim receives justice.
Below, The Law Place has listed some of the reasons why every tailgating truck accident in Orlando is unique.
Cause of the Accident
Fatigued distracted driving, speeding, or even mechanical failure can result in a truck driving accident. Determining the exact cause of your truck accident means The Law Place can build as strong a case as possible for you.
If the accident was caused by a mechanical failure or a negligent truck driver, the trucking companies or the manufacturer of the defective part might be held liable.
Alternatively, if the trucking accident was caused by distracted driving, fatigue, or speeding, the driver or their employer may be held responsible.
Type of Truck
Another factor that makes a case unique is the type of truck involved in a tailgating truck accident. There are different regulations depending on what type of truck you own, and these may affect your liability in a truck accident case.
For instance, regulations for commercial trucks are different from those for smaller trucks; furthermore, if a truck is carrying hazardous loads, additional regulations may come into play.
Serious injuries like broken bones, spinal cord and neck injuries, and traumatic brain injuries can all occur from a tailgating truck accident. Injuries and their severity can massively affect a case, and the impact of their value can never be underestimated.
For example, a victim who has suffered long-term permanent injuries will require more compensation to cover their lost wages and medical expenses than someone who has suffered minor injuries.
The insurance coverage of the multiple parties involved in a tailgating truck accident is another factor that makes each case unique.
The at-fault party may not have enough insurance coverage from their insurance company to fully compensate the victim of the tailgating truck accident for their damages.
In a situation like this, an experienced tailgating truck accident attorney at The Law Place can help the accident victim explore other options for compensation.
To receive the fair settlement and compensation you deserve, it is essential that you work with an experienced attorney at The Law Place to help navigate the complex and unique factors tailgating truck accidents can involve.
Financial Burden of Truck Accident Injuries
Tailgating truck accidents can have devastating financial consequences for the victims involved. Victims may face mounting medical expenses alongside the physical and emotional damage that comes with being involved in a vehicle accident.
Fortunately, with the help of an experienced tailgating truck accident lawyer at The Law Place, victims can be helped to navigate these worrying issues and burdens.
Tailgating truck accidents can result in devastating injuries that may require extensive medical treatment. Surgeries, hospitalization, physical care, and ongoing care may be needed for a victim of a tailgating truck accident. Costs of medical treatments can add up extremely quickly and may leave victims left with overwhelming bills.
An experienced truck accident personal injury lawyer at The Law Place can help truck crash victims pursue compensation for their medical expenses related to the accident.
Alongside medical expenses, victims of a tailgating truck accident may suffer lost wages as a result of their injuries. Victims may be eligible for compensation if their injuries have left them unable to work and prevented them from returning to the workplace.
The Law Place and one of our experienced truck accident attorneys will be able to help truck accident victims calculate their lost earnings since the truck accident cases have occurred
Tailgating truck accidents may result in property damage, and the cost of repairing a damaged vehicle may present the victim with an unwanted financial burden. This can be particularly frustrating for victims who need their vehicle for work, whether that’s included in their job role or simply for travel.
Pain and Suffering
Victims of tailgating truck accidents may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering alongside economic damages. Areas of pain and suffering can include emotional damage, physical pain, and a loss of enjoyment of life.
Reasons to Contact The Law Place
If you or a loved one have been a victim of a tailgating truck accident in Orlando, Florida it’s essential that you contact The Law Place for legal representation.
We have a legal team full of experienced, trustworthy, and skilled personal injury lawyers who will be able to help you navigate the tricky legal process involved with a road traffic accident.
Below we have listed just some of the reasons why you should contact The Law Place.
- Experience – Our attorneys have years of experience dealing with truck accidents in Orlando, Florida, and are well-versed in the rules and regulations that govern truck companies.
- Tailored Cases – As we have mentioned above, every truck accident case is unique and this is something The Law Place completely understands. Our team will tailor and shape your case to meet your specific needs, whatever they may be.
- Comprehensive Support – The Law Place offers victims of tailgating truck accidents comprehensive support, including access to medical experts, investigators, and other top professionals to help them navigate this tough time.
- No Upfront Fees – The Law Place offers a free consultation, which means that victims of tailgating truck accidents won’t have to pay any upfront costs or fees.
Call (941)-444-4444 now to speak to an experienced Orlando tailgating truck accident lawyer at The Law Place and schedule your free consultation.
What Our Clients Have Said
In today’s digital age, it’s fairly easy to see just how a law firm performs for its clients, and Google is one of the top indicators of a high-performing firm.
At The Law Place, we always encourage our clients to leave Google reviews as it helps our firm build credibility and trust.
In today’s digital age, reviews are increasingly important for businesses to build an online reputation; this is particularly true for law firms, where trust and credibility are essential.
Below are just some of the things clients have said after seeking the help of an experienced attorney from The Law Place.
- Five-star Google Review – “I appreciate the caliber of service provided by the Law Place, they have always handled our cases and have proven over and over The Law Place is the place to go! David and Jennifer really take it out of your hands and run with the ball putting our minds at ease.”
- Five-star Google Review – “David is an outstanding lawyer that got all of my cases dropped. It went by fast and smoothly without any problems. He is the man, I highly recommend him to you guys.”
- Five-star Google Review – “Outstanding service. Mr. David Haenel’s team was the best. Only took a phone call and a text. Mr. Haenel called me directly after my ticket was dismissed. His team will always be my go-to team! Can’t thank his team enough!”
- Five-star Google Review – “Very nice, very professional people! I would definitely recommend it!”
- Five-star Google Review – “The staff at the Law Place is nothing short of exceptional.”
- Five-star Google Review – “The Law place is by far the best law office I have ever been to. Darren was friendly, attentive, and professional. Darren made the process for my son’s case as smooth as possible and I would recommend anyone to go see Darren or anyone at The Place because I know they will be taken care of.”
- Five-star Google Review – “Super professional experience. From updates to execution. Karla and Beth did a great job on getting all the information I needed to give to Annemarie, who made sure I didn’t mess anything up with my case. I super recommend The Law Place for all your traffic law needs! They’re awesome!”
Above and Beyond
The Law Place understands the consequences that come with a tailgating truck accident in Orlando, Florida. Tailgating truck accidents can impact a person’s job prospects, insurance rates, or even their relationships with family and members of the community.
This yet again, highlights the crucial need for defendants to seek the assistance of an experienced attorney from The Law Place who can provide support and guidance.
The Law Place can connect defendants with the resources they need to find help to overcome their issues whilst supporting them through their cases.
Call The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one have been a victim of a tailgating truck accident in Orlando, Florida then you must contact The Law Place today.
If you are still not fully convinced, we have listed a few extra points on why you should call us today.
- Years of experience in handling Orlando tailgating truck accident cases.
- Our team of attorneys has the expertise and know-how to guide you through this challenging process.
- Our attorneys will answer any questions you have and will keep you fully informed throughout the process, a priceless trait that is lost in the modern world of law.
- Having skilled representation in court to help defendants win their cases is essential to overcoming any tailgating truck accident case.
Don’t hesitate to call us today at (941)-444-4444 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Orlando tailgating truck accident attorneys.