Driving under the influence is a criminal offense in Orlando, Florida, and the United States and it is imperative that you speak to an experienced Orlando DUI lawyer at The Law Place to discuss your case.
In Orlando, Florida, DUI laws are governed by Florida statutes section 316.193, which sets out the legal blood alcohol content (BAC) limit, penalties for DUI, and other relevant factors.
The Law Place is here to help you navigate DUI laws and the potential consequences of a conviction, which is crucial for anyone charged with a DUI offense in Orlando.
We understand the serious potential consequences of a DUI conviction and the long-term effects it can have on your personal and professional life.
Call (941)-444-4444 now to speak to an experienced Orlando DUI lawyer at The Law Place and schedule your free consultation.
Legal BAC Limit In Orlando
The legal BAC limit in Orlando, Florida is 0.08% meaning if a driver is above this limit, they can be charged with a DUI offense.
Furthermore, a driver could still be charged with a DUI offense even if they are below the legal limit if they show signs of impairment like slurred speech and impaired coordination.
DUI charges can be confusing and scary to comprehend and having an experienced attorney at The Law Place fight your charges and navigate tricky subjects like the BAC limit is pivotal.
Penalties For DUI Conviction In Orlando
Penalties for DUI convictions can be extremely severe and The Law Place is here to help you understand and navigate some of the penalties you may face.
Depending on the severity of the case and the defendant’s criminal history, a DUI conviction can result in jail time ranging from a few days to four years.
Nevertheless, by hiring an Orlando DUI lawyer from The Law Place you can help mitigate the potential consequences of a DUI charge in several ways.
Fines for a DUI offense in Orlando, Florida can range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, something which could leave you financially unstable.
However, with the help of an experienced DUI attorney from The Law Place, defendants can launch strong cases against fines and be represented at the highest level in court.
A DUI conviction can result in the suspension of the defendant’s driving license for a period ranging from a few months to several years.
Even so, with the help of a professional attorney from The Law Place, we may be able to help reduce the length of a license suspension received for a DUI offense.
A defendant may be placed on probation instead of or in addition to jail time, this requires the defendant to follow certain conditions which may involve abstaining from alcohol or attending counseling.
Ignition Interlock Device
Depending on the circumstances of the DUI offense, a defendant may be required to install an ignition interlock device in their vehicle.
The device requires the owner of the vehicle to blow into the breathalyzer before starting the engine on the car.
The Law Place Defence Strategies
It is essential to work with an experienced Orlando DUI attorney at The Law Place if you are charged with a DUI offense in Orlando.
Challenging The Traffic Stop
The police must have a valid reason for stopping the defendant’s vehicle and if the stop was not based on reasonable suspicion, any evidence gathered during the stop may be thrown out.
An experienced Orlando DUI attorney at The Law Place will search tirelessly for any bit of evidence from your case to challenge and shape your case.
Challenging BAC Results
Errors can be made in BAC results, and breathalyzer and blood tests aren’t always fallible, an experienced Orlando DUI lawyer at The Law Place will be able to challenge the validity of your BAC results.
Arguing Lack Of Impairment
Even if a driver’s BAC is above the legal limit, they may not be impaired drunk driving. An experienced Orlando DUI lawyer at The Law Place will be able to argue that the defendant was not actually impaired while driving.
Arguing Police Misconduct
Police officers must follow strict procedures when conducting a DUI investigation against a defendant.
If the police fail to follow these procedures, any evidence they have gathered may be thrown out of the case altogether.
Negotiating Plea Bargain
In some cases, it may be in the defendant’s best interests to negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecution.
A plea bargain may include reduced charges or a lighter sentence in exchange for a guilty plea. An experienced Orlando DUI lawyer at The Law Place will talk you through every possible scenario.
A first DUI in Orlando is deemed a misdemeanor offense, nevertheless, it is still punishable by up to six months in jail, a fine of up to $1000, and a driving license suspension of up to one year.
An experienced Orlando DUI lawyer at The Law Place will be able to help defendants understand the differences between first, second, third, and fourth DUI offenses in Orlando.
A second DUI in Orlando is also deemed a misdemeanor offense, however, the penalties are much more severe than a first offense.
Nine months in jail, a fine of up to $2000 and a driving license suspension of up to five years are all possible realities for a second-time offender.
Furthermore, a second-time offender may be required to attend DUI school and perform community service.
A third DUI in Orlando is deemed a felony offense, which is punishable by up to five years in prison, a fine of up to $5000, and a driving license suspension of up to ten years.
Additionally, a third-time offender may be required to attend DUI school and perform community service.
A fourth DUI in Orlando is also deemed a felony offense, however, the penalties are even more severe than third offenses.
Fourth-time offenders face up to five years in prison, a fine of up to $5000, and a lifetime driving license suspension.
Penalties may be increased if a driver causes property damage, bodily injuries or has a minor in the vehicle at the time the DUI offense takes place.
Why You Need The Law Place
Being charged with a DUI offense in Orlando can be understandably challenging, stressful, and overwhelming.
If you are reading this and facing a DUI charge, it is essential that you contact one of our experienced Orlando DUI lawyers to help you understand your legal rights.
By building a strong criminal defense law firm, and lifting the weight of responsibilities off your shoulders you may potentially mitigate the consequences of a conviction.
At The Law Place, our attorneys have years of experience practicing criminal law and defending clients in Orlando against DUI charges. We understand the complexities of DUI law and the potential consequences of a conviction.
We are committed to helping our clients achieve the best possible outcome in their case, contact us at (941)-444-4444 now to speak to an experienced Orlando DUI lawyer at The Law Place and schedule your free consultation.
Length of Orlando DUI on Your Record
A DUI conviction can have long-lasting consequences in Orlando, Florida, both legally and personally for the defendant, and is a serious offense.
If you have been arrested or charged with a DUI, it is crucial to understand how long a DUI will stay on your record and how an experienced attorney at The Law Place can help.
In Orlando, Florida, a DUI conviction will stay on your record for 75 years, something which can’t ever be expunged if you are found guilty.
This again highlights the importance of seeking help with your DUI offense from The Law Place, our experienced attorneys can help you avoid a DUI conviction and associated penalties moving forward with your life with confidence and peace of mind.
Charged With DUI Whilst Visiting Orlando
Orlando, Florida is a popular tourist destination for people from all walks of life, attracting millions of visitors every year.
While many come to enjoy the attractions and nightlife, others may find themselves in legal trouble during their visit to the sunshine state.
If you are facing a DUI as a visitor to Orlando it is crucial to understand what will happen and how The Law Place can help.
The legal process is generally the same for visitors as it would be for a resident of Orlando, Florida with penalties, fines, license suspension, and even jail time all possible outcomes.
One of the biggest challenges faced by visitors facing DUI charges in Orlando, Florida, is that they may need to return to their home state before the legal process is completed.
This can create financial, logistical, and legal hurdles, nevertheless, an experienced Orlando DUI lawyer at The Law Place can help you navigate the tricky obstacles in the criminal justice system.
If you have been charged with a DUI whilst visiting Orlando, Florida, don’t hesitate to get in touch with The Law Place at (941)-444-4444 and schedule your free consultation today.
Field Sobriety or Breathalyzer Test
If you are pulled over for a suspected DUI in Orlando, Florida, you may be asked to take a field sobriety or breathalyzer test to prove you’re not driving under the influence.
It is important to understand your rights and options if this event occurs, even if it seems like you have no other choice than to comply.
The Field Sobriety Test
The Law Place has listed below some of the things you may face when asked to take a field sobriety test.
- You may be asked to stand on one leg to prove your balance and coordination.
- You may be asked to walk in a straight line to prove your coordination is in check.
- You may be asked to follow a moving object with your eyes.
It is important to remember that you are not legally required to take part in a field sobriety test, however, if you choose to refuse it, the officer may still arrest you based on other evidence such as erratic or reckless driving or driving under the influence.
The Breathalyzer Test
A breathalyzer test will measure the alcohol content and in Orlando, Florida it is required by law to take a breathalyzer test if you are suspected of a DUI.
However, it is important to note that tests aren’t always accurate and The Law Place has listed below some of the factors that may affect a breathalyzer test.
- Equipment malfunctions.
- Improper calibration.
- Certain medical conditions.
If you are charged with a DUI in Orlando, Florida, and have taken either the field sobriety test or the breathalyzer test, it is vital to seek legal help from a criminal defense attorney at our experienced law firm, The Law Place.
Going The Extra Mile
The Law Place understands the consequences that come with a DUI conviction with many problems extending far further from penalties and fines.
DUI convictions can impact a person’s job prospects, insurance rates, or even their relationships with family and members of the community.
This yet again highlights the crucial need for defendants to seek the assistance of an experienced attorney from The Law Place who can provide support and guidance.
Furthermore, The Law Place recognizes that defendants who have been charged with a DUI offense might be suffering from substance abuse issues.
The Law Place can connect defendants with the resources they need to find help to overcome their issues whilst supporting them through their DUI cases.
Cost of an Orlando DUI Lawyer
Following a DUI arrest Florida, you may be wondering about the costs of hiring criminal defense lawyers in Orlando.
Costs of legal representation can vary, depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of your case and the experience of the attorney.
The Law Place believes that by investing in a skilled DUI attorney you will ultimately save money and protect your future.
We have listed below some of the factors that may affect the cost of an Orlando DUI Lawyer.
- The complexity of your case – Multiple charges and aggravating factors such as accidents or injuries may require more time and resources from your attorney and therefore may cost more.
- The experience of your attorney – Experienced attorneys may charge more for their services this is because they bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to your case.
Ultimately, hiring an experienced Orlando DUI Lawyer from The Law Place prior to an arrest could make all the difference in the cost and how your case is shaped and resolved.
How The Law Place Can Help
The Law Place can help you fight against your DUI charge in many ways and it will be our number one priority to protect your future.
Below we have listed just some of the ways in which The Law Place can help you today.
- We offer a free consultation to all of our clients, allowing you to discuss your case with an experienced DUI lawyer.
- Our team of skilled and experienced attorneys has a proven track record of success defending clients against DUI charges in Orlando, Florida.
- Navigating the complex legal system can be tough and we want to protect your future and minimize the potential consequences of a DUI conviction.
- Work tirelessly to investigate the circumstances of your case, challenge the evidence presented by the prosecution and negotiate to reduce or dismiss charges.
- Our team of criminal defense attorneys can also help you explore alternative sentencing options to a DUI conviction such as diversion programs or community service.
What Our Clients Have Said
At The Law Place, we always encourage our clients to leave Google reviews as it helps us stand out from the crowded legal market and provides potential clients with an insight into how we work.
At The Law Place, we regularly respond to and analyze the feedback we receive on Google, we believe that making changes to the way we operate based on reviews helps build a positive reputation and in turn, we hope this builds trust with our clients.
In today’s digital age, reviews are increasingly important for businesses to build an online reputation, this is particularly true for law firms, where trust and credibility are essential.
Below are just some of the things clients have said after seeking the help of an experienced attorney from The Law Place.
- Five-star Google review – “I appreciate the caliber of service provided by the Law Place, they have always handled our cases and have proven over and over The Law Place is the place to go! David and Jennifer really take it out of your hands and run with the ball putting our minds at ease.”
- Five-star Google review – “David is an outstanding lawyer that got all of my cases dropped. It went by fast and smoothly without any problems. He is the man, I highly recommend him to you guys.”
- Five-star Google review – “Outstanding service. Mr. David Haenel’s team was the best. Only took a phone call and a text. Mr. Haenel called me directly after my ticket was dismissed. His team will always be my go-to team! Can’t thank his team enough!”
- Five-star Google review – “Very nice, very professional people! I would definitely recommend it!”
- Five-star Google review – “The staff at the Law Place is nothing short of exceptional.”
- Five-star Google review – “The Law place is by far the best law office I have ever been to. Darren was friendly, attentive, and professional. Darren made the process for my son’s case as smooth as possible and I would recommend anyone to go see Darren or anyone at The Place because I know they will be taken care of.”
- Five-star Google review – “Super professional experience. From updates to execution. Karla and Beth did a great job on getting all the information I needed to give to Annemarie, who made sure I didn’t mess anything up with my case. I super recommend The Law Place for all your traffic law needs! They’re awesome!”
Call The Law Place About Your Orlando, FL DUI Case Today
If you are facing a DUI charge in Orlando, Florida, hopefully, you can now recognize that The Law Place is here to help you.
If not we have listed a few extra points on why you should call us today.
- Years of experience in handling Orlando DUI cases.
- Our team of attorneys has the expertise and know-how to guide you through this challenging process.
- It’s our main aim to provide you with the best possible outcome.
- We will do everything in our power to relieve you of the stress and fear that comes with facing a DUI charge.
- The Law Place recognizes that every DUI case is unique and we will work closely with you to determine the best course of action to take for your situation
- Our attorneys will answer any questions you have and will keep you fully informed throughout the process, a priceless trait that is lost in the modern world of law.
- Providing personalized attention to each of every one of our clients.
- The Law Place will be with you every step of the way on your journey.
Having skilled representation in court to help defendants win their cases is essential to overcoming any DUI charges.
DUI charges can result in serious legal and personal consequences, including jail time, however, The Law Place will do everything in its power to help you.
If you or a loved one are facing DUI charges in Orlando, Florida, we urge you to get in contact with us today to relieve the pressure and strain of a legal process.
It is crucial that you act as quickly as you can after the accident takes place, seeking legal advice from a member of our team.
As discussed, there are various factors that affect and impact a DUI case, and having legal representation will help you navigate these issues.
Don’t hesitate to call us today at (941)-444-4444 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Orlando DUI attorneys.