Most motorcycle riders would agree that Florida is an ideal place to go for a drive. The beautiful views and scenic routes attract many motorcyclists every year. Unfortunately, this can also lead to an increase in motorcycle accidents. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV) has reported that there are over 400,000 motor vehicle accidents every year in Florida. Unfortunately, over half of these result in victims suffering serious injuries requiring them to visit the hospital. The FHSMV has also reported that 300 of these yearly motor vehicle accidents will result in accident victims losing their lives.
A motorcycle changing lanes unsafely is one major cause of road accidents in North Port, Florida. Often, drivers are able to escape the scene unscathed. However, this is not always the case. If you or a loved one has been the innocent victim of an auto accident caused by a motorcycle changing lanes unsafely, you should contact a motorcycle accident attorney at The Law Place today. We have a team of highly experienced motorcycle accident attorneys who have helped countless clients receive compensation for their motorcycle accident injuries. Call us today to schedule your free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer at (941) 444-4444. Phone lines are open 24/7.
In This Article
- Should I Get a Personal Injury Lawyer for a Motorcycle Accident?
- What Is the Average Payout for a Florida Motorcycle Accident?
- Who Is at Fault in Most Motorcycle Accidents?
- Why Do Drivers Make Unsafe Lane Changes in North Port?
- What Are the Common Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Crashes?
- How Much Will a Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorney Cost Me?
- Contact The Law Place Today!
Should I Get a Personal Injury Lawyer for a Motorcycle Accident?
Whether you decide to hire a personal injury lawyer or not following your motorcycle crash is a decision that is completely up to you. However, it is important to know that the decision you make can have great financial consequences.
Some victims of vehicle accidents will file their motorcycle injury claim alone, without the help of personal injury attorneys. They are well within their legal rights to do that, and often they will receive some form of compensation. However, without the help of an experienced Florida motorcycle accident lawyer fighting their corner, they rarely achieve the maximum amount of compensation that they are owed. Some reasons why we would strongly advise victims of motorcycle accidents to seek the representation of motorcycle accident lawyers are:
- Insurance companies denying your claim – Insurance companies are businesses that work to make a profit, and this will mean that they won’t pay every claim that they are faced with. Sometimes, the threat of legal action is the only way to win the compensation you deserve.
- An insurance company will pressure you into accepting a low-ball offer – Unfortunately, they sometimes will immediately offer you an attractive settlement offer in the hope that you accept. By accepting their initial offer, you waive your right to filing a lawsuit and are prevented from getting the compensation you truly deserve.
An insurance company may even claim that your injuries were not caused by your motorcycle accident. There are many more reasons why hiring a motorcycle accident attorney can be so important for your injury claim. If you think you may be able to file a claim and have questions you need answers to, don’t hesitate to give our law firm a call today for some free legal advice. Let us defend your claim from insurance companies and their tricks.
What Is the Average Payout for a Florida Motorcycle Accident?
Every motorcycle accident case in Florida is different, and therefore there is no such thing as an “average payout.” Several factors can determine how much compensation you could receive for your motorcycle accident injuries. These include:
- The insurance policy of the at-fault driver riding a motorcycle.
- Your own insurance policy.
- The severity of your motorcycle injury.
- The severity of property damage sustained.
If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you should contact one of our accident lawyers at The Law Place. In a free consultation, a motorcycle accident attorney will be able to briefly examine your claim to give you a rough idea of the kind of payout you could expect to receive. If you decide to hire an attorney, you will then be able to discuss your claim in more detail to gain a more accurate estimation of the payout you would be eligible to claim.
Who Is at Fault in Most Motorcycle Accidents?
Often, car drivers are held responsible for motorcycle crashes. However, the actions of all parties involved are considered when determining who is at fault. In an unsafe lane change accident, the fault will usually be placed on the party who committed the unsafe lane change.
In court, who is at fault is usually calculated based on the arguments put forward by attorneys, using the evidence they have gathered in their investigations. A motorcycle typically poses less of a threat to road users than passenger vehicles, and a court will usually consider this.
Regardless of who you think is at fault for your accident in North Port, we would strongly recommend that you speak to an accident lawyer and receive some legal advice as soon as possible. Our team will examine your injury claim in great detail to determine fault in your accident and prevent you from sharing any of the blame wherever possible.
Why Do Drivers Make Unsafe Lane Changes in North Port?
There are many reasons why drivers will make unsafe lane changes in North Port. Most of the time, these occur because of a driver being reckless and negligent. Many accidents are caused in North Port because of unsafe lane changes. These can occur for the following reasons:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – It is against the law to operate a vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol and/ or drugs. Florida Statute 316.193 outlines the penalties that can be awarded to those who break this law. Unfortunately, many drivers fail to follow these laws, and their recklessness can result in accidents.
- Distracted driving – This is a common cause for unsafe lane change accidents. It is very easy for drivers to be distracted today due to their cell phones, gadgets on their vehicles, food, and much more.
- Negligent or reckless driving – Motorcycle and car accidents also typically occur because of the overconfidence or frustrations of a driver. Sometimes, drivers will change lanes unsafely with little thought or consideration to the dangers that they are putting over road users in.
There are plenty more reasons why drivers make unsafe lane changes, such as poor visibility, fatigue, driver misjudgment, and more. No matter the cause of the unsafe lane change in your accident, if you have suffered injuries through no fault of your own, you could be entitled to compensation.
What Are the Common Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Crashes?
A motorcycle crash can result in victims suffering a variety of injuries. The injuries suffered by motorcyclists tend to be more severe than those injuries suffered by car users, as they are much more vulnerable. Motorcyclists lack the same kind of protection and safety features offered to those in cars.
Some of the common injuries that are suffered in motor vehicle crashes are:
- Spinal cord damage.
- Traumatic brain or head injuries.
- Neck injuries.
- Fractures and broken bones.
- Back injuries.
- Internal organ injuries.
- Sprains, cuts, burns, bruises, and lacerations.
- Wrongful death.
Motorcycle accident lawyers at our law firm can help victims receive compensation for many different damages. We appreciate that an accident of this nature can be hugely traumatic. You may have suffered lost wages, a great deal of emotional distress, or pain and suffering. We strongly recommend that you seek the help of a lawyer to protect your rights in North Port and help you win all the damages that you deserve. Contact our office for a free case evaluation today to discuss how we can help you cover the costs of your medical care and much more.
How Much Will a Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorney Cost Me?
At The Law Place, we understand how traumatic an accident of this nature can be, and we share our greatest sympathies with you. We work to ease the stresses and burdens that you face. It is for this reason that all of our work is completed on a contingency basis. This simply means that you will not be charged anything upfront. All fees for our work will be deducted from the final settlement once we have won your case for you. If, for some reason, we are unsuccessful and don’t win your case, we will not charge you a penny. If you have any concerns or want to discuss how our fees work in greater detail, contact us for a free consultation, and we will happily go through these with you. You will never receive any surprise bills.
The Florida State Bar Association monitors all contingency work in Florida. They set the guidelines for what we can legally charge a client, and we follow these rules to the letter.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you have suffered an injury through no fault of your own in North Port, you may be entitled to compensation. At The Law Place, we will do all that we can to ensure that you win the justice that you deserve. No one should have to suffer alone.
Our team of reputable accident lawyers has over 75 years of combined experience. You can rest assured knowing that we have the knowledge and skills necessary to win you the justice that you deserve. We differ from all other law firms in Florida because our team works together. All of our lawyers share their knowledge, which means that your case will benefit from all of our experience.
An attorney-client relationship at our firm is one of immense commitment and loyalty. We promise that we won’t give up on your claim until we reach a settlement that you believe to be fair. Our practice areas are all over Florida. If you have suffered an injury, don’t waste another second. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to listen to your call. Call our office now at (941) 444-4444.