The State of Florida has some of the toughest laws when it comes to the sale of illegal drugs over 10 grams. Being charged with drug crimes is a serious matter, and the state imposes harsh punishments on those who are convicted of this offense.
A relatively minor drug possession charge has the potential to lead to jail time. However, a more serious drug offense can result in a long-term prison sentence, along with hefty fines and probation time. A conviction of possession, sale, purchase, or delivery of illegal drugs over 10 grams comes with serious consequences, and the repercussions could last a lifetime. An individual will suffer the effects of a drug conviction in their personal and professional life, which includes restricting future employment opportunities, being unable to rent or buy a house, etc.
If you are facing a charge of sale of illegal drugs over 10 grams in Clearwater, then it is imperative for you to understand your legal rights under Florida law. This means that you will need the services of a criminal defense lawyer to explain the rules and regulations to you. At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience in battling drug crimes and helping clients in Clearwater and across the State of Florida.
Our law firm has an in-depth understanding of the law surrounding drug crimes, and we have managed hundreds of drug-related cases like yours. We regularly handle drug crimes, which range from manufacturing, distributing, possession, and drug trafficking of illegal street drugs to prescription medication.
If you are searching for the most reputable law firm in town to handle your case, then you have come to the right place – The Law Place. A criminal defense lawyer will be able to answer all of your questions, explain the law on drugs, and discuss the facts of your case in order to build a strong defense strategy to take into the courtroom.
Don’t delay. Reach out to The Law Place today to schedule a free case evaluation. A criminal defense lawyer will be waiting to hear from you. Contact us now on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation, and we will fight your sale of illegal drugs over 10 grams charge together in Clearwater.
Types of Drugs That Are Considered “Controlled Substances” in Clearwater, FL.
An individual is not allowed to sell or deliver a controlled substance as stated in Florida Statute 893.13, and those who are accused of sale or delivery of drugs will face severe criminal penalties if they are convicted of this offense.
The state and federal governments regulate the five schedules and lists of controlled substances in the State of Florida. Schedule I drugs have the strongest possibility for abuse with no medical value, according to the law. For instance, heroin and marijuana are classed as Schedule I drugs. In comparison, Schedule V drugs are defined as being the least addictive and dangerous substances, often with some medical value.
For a free legal consultation with a sale of illegal drugs over 10 grams lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
Drug Charges in Clearwater, FL.
There are a variety of different drug charges, such as a charge of possession, distribution, manufacturing, prescription fraud, and drug trafficking, and it is important to understand the differences between each of them.
- Possession – A charge of possession will depend on whether or not the drugs are considered dangerous substances by the State of Florida and the amount of drugs that were found in your possession.
- Distribution – A charge of distribution refers to the sale, distribution, or having the intention to sell or distribute illegal drugs.
- Manufacturing – A charge of manufacturing refers to producing controlled substances such as methamphetamines or cocaine, or that the materials to manufacture illegal drugs were found in your possession.
- Trafficking – A charge of trafficking refers to the intent to sell, purchase, manufacture, deliver, possess, or transport an excess quantity of drugs into or out of the State of Florida.
- Prescription fraud – A charge of prescription fraud refers to using fake or forged prescriptions in an attempt to obtain tranquilizers, opioids, or other prescription medication, as a way to build an excess of legitimate prescription drugs from pharmacies.
The penalties for drug crimes will ultimately depend on the type and quantity of drugs involved in the case. A sale of illegal drugs over 10 grams can result in serious charges in the State of Florida, which is why it is important to have a strong legal defense on your side. Get in touch with a criminal defense lawyer from The Law Place today, and we will set up a free case evaluation in which a lawyer will discuss the facts of your case and explain how we can best be of service to you.
Clearwater Sale of Illegal Drugs over 10 Grams Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Penalties for Drug Crimes in Clearwater, FL.
A charge of being in possession or selling illegal drugs comes with serious penalties. However, the severity of the penalties will ultimately depend on a few factors, including the class and quantity of drugs, whether the drugs were intended for distribution or personal use only, or whether the accused individual has received prior convictions or has other felony offenses on their criminal record. Some of the most common penalties for drug crimes will lead to hefty fines, imprisonment, and probation, alongside losing your driving privileges.
- Possession – Possessing more than 10 grams of any listed controlled substances as defined in Schedule 1 will result in a first-degree felony charge. The penalties for this include spending up to 30 years in prison and receiving a fine of up to $10,000. However, possession of any other controlled substances will result in a third-degree felony charge. The penalties for this include spending up to 5 years in prison and receiving a fine of up to $5,000.
- Drug trafficking – An intent to sell, possess, purchase, manufacture, deliver, or transport a controlled substance is classed as illegal. The penalties will ultimately depend on the class and quantity of the drugs, but it will vary from spending up to 3 years in prison to a life sentence without parole, alongside receiving a maximum fine of up to $50,000.
Defenses to the Crime of Sale of Illegal Drugs Over Ten Grams in Clearwater, FL.
A criminal defense attorney from The Law Place will work hard to develop a strong defense strategy on your behalf for the charge of sale of illegal drugs over 10 grams in the State of Florida. A criminal defense attorney will be able to conduct an investigation into your case, gather facts and evidence, and use one of the following defenses in your favor:
- The evidence that the prosecutor used against you was illegally acquired.
- The search and seizure were performed by law enforcement without a valid search warrant.
- The method that was used to identify the drugs was faulty.
- The amount of drugs was actually below ten grams.
- Law enforcement entrapped you.
- The controlled substances were not actually in your possession.
- The drugs were not yours, and you had no intent to sell them.
- The drugs were not under your control.
- You have been identified incorrectly, and you are actually innocent of the drug charges.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact The Law Place Today
The Law Place has over seventy-five years of collective experience and a wealth of knowledge on the law surrounding controlled substances, drug trafficking, and other drug crimes. Our law firm is proud to say that we have had the privilege of assisting clients in Clearwater and all over the State of Florida to beat their drug charges and achieve reasonable outcomes for each and every case.
If you choose to be represented by The Law Place, then a criminal defense attorney will get to work on conducting an investigation, gathering facts and information, negotiating with the prosecution, dealing with the necessary paperwork, and building a strong defense strategy to present in front of the judge and jury. Rest assured that we will work hard to get straight to the heart of the case and achieve a reasonable outcome for you – which means that we will do our best to reduce the charges and minimize the consequences for your case.
Get in touch with The Law Place today to schedule a free case evaluation, in which a criminal defense attorney will answer all of your questions, explain the process to you, and offer you an honest piece of advice on the best move to make in your current situation.
Contact us now on (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation, and we will fight your sale of illegal drugs over 10 grams charge together in Clearwater.