A slip and fall accident can result in serious injuries that could potentially be life-threatening, depending on the severity of the case. An individual who has suffered a slip and fall accident might be struggling with medical bills, time off work, loss of income, pain, and suffering. In this case, they might be entitled to receive compensation.
Personal injury law classifies slip and fall accidents as premises liability, which means that every property owner is fully responsible for ensuring that their property is safe. In the event that an individual slips and falls on someone’s property, then they might be able to hold the property owner accountable for the accident. A Bradenton slip and fall accident happens to be one of the most common personal injury cases, but they can still become very complex.
There are over one million people who go through slip and fall accidents every year that results in taking trips to the emergency room. There are many reasons for a slip and fall accident to occur, and you could be entitled to file a claim for compensation if your accident was caused by the negligence of someone else. A slip and fall accident can result in very serious injuries that can affect the brain, bones, spine, and more.
If you have been hurt in a Bradenton slip and fall accident, then it is very important for you to seek legal counsel from a personal injury lawyer at The Law Place. We have over seventy-five years of combined experience and knowledge in tackling all types of personal injury claims with great success. Our team of dedicated slip and fall lawyers are skilled in managing slip and fall cases, and they have a comprehensive knowledge of personal injury claims.
Do not hesitate to call The Law Place today to set up a free case evaluation, in which a personal injury lawyer will discuss the facts of your case and answer all of your questions in Bradenton County.
Contact us now on (941) 444-4444, and we will fight your slip and fall accident together in Bradenton County.
Some of the most common consequences for a slip and fall injury include pain and suffering, medical bills, and a loss of income. The Law Place will work hard to protect your legal rights and achieve a reasonable outcome for you and for your family. Our law firm will make sure that you win the compensation that you deserve.
The Law Place will start by investigating your case, collecting evidence, gathering relevant information, and developing a case to prove the negligence of the individual who was at fault for the accident.
In the event that your injury occurred due to hazardous conditions, it is very important that you speak to a skilled personal injury lawyer at The Law Place today.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Bradenton, call 941-444-4444
Common Reasons for Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a variety of reasons for a fall to occur. In most cases, someone else might be responsible for maintaining and repairing the location, which means that you are entitled to make a claim for compensation that will cover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Here are some of the most common reasons for slip and fall accidents to happen:
- Uneven floors – The ground can become uneven when foundations shift, which can cause wavy floors that are difficult to maneuver around.
- Wet or slippery floors – Water is very slippy, and it is one of the most common causes of falls. Water could appear from leaky windows, improperly cleaned floors, and rainy pathways.
- Long wires and cords – Pieces of technology with long wires and cords are a dangerous tripping hazard, and they should not be extended across the floor. It is very important for everyone to safely tuck wires and long cords against the wall or hide them away in corners.
- Raised or cracked sidewalks – Ruined sidewalks are usually the result of time, weather, or construction issues. It is important for warning signs to be posted when a sidewalk is in disrepair.
- Inadequate lighting – It is easy to trip and fall over when the lighting is inadequate. It is the responsibility of the business to keep things safe and properly lit.
- Drop-offs – An extension or stairway added to a building can result in a drop off that is deeper than usual, which can cause people to trip and fall.
- Broken or rickety railings – It is possible to trip and fall in the event that a railing fell out of your hand or provided inadequate support. The owners of the railing must ensure that they are properly maintained.
Bradenton Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Common Injuries From Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents might seem minor, but it is highly possible for these kinds of accidents to end in catastrophe. It is very important that you see a doctor immediately if you sustained an injury. Otherwise, your injuries could worsen over time.
A slip and fall accident that was caused by the negligence of a business must be managed by a reputable law firm like The Law Place, which has plenty of experience and resources.
Here are some of the most common injuries from slip and fall accidents:
- Broken bones.
- Neck and spinal injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
Click to contact our Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyers today
How to Protect Your Rights After a Slip and Fall Accident
You have legal rights after being injured in a slip and fall accident, and you must be aware of where you stand. In this case, you will need the assistance of a Bradenton personal injury lawyer to help and guide you through the legal system in the State of Florida.
Some of the main steps that you can take to protect your legal rights include:
- Seek medical treatment – It is very important that you take care of your health following a slip and fall accident, which means that you must seek medical treatment as soon as possible. If you get medical help fast, then this will ensure that your case is documented from the very beginning.
- Notify the property owner – It is essential that you notify the property owner where you were injured. If you were hurt on the property of a business, then you will need to fill out an incident report. Remember to keep a copy of the report for your personal records.
- Collect evidence – It is crucial that you gather evidence that will help to determine fault in a slip and fall accident, which includes photographs of the location of the accident, the clothes that you were wearing at the time of the accident, documentation of medical bills, and records of lost wages.
- Retain a journal – It would be beneficial if you continue to document your journey by keeping a journal of your recovery and how your injuries are affecting your life.
- Contact a slip and fall attorney – It is very important that you seek legal representation as soon as possible following a slip and fall accident. A skilled personal injury lawyer will protect your legal rights and make sure that you win the compensation that you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Is My Claim Worth?
Your case might be worth a lot more than you think. No one will be able to figure out the value of your case without performing a full evaluation of the facts associated with your claim.
Here are some of the most common damages that occur with a personal injury claim:
- Past, present, and future medical bills.
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish.
- Loss of income.
- Loss of future income.
- Costs for transportation to and from the hospital.
Florida’s comparative negligence law means that the insurance company and the judge will consider if you were partly liable for the slip and fall accident. In this case, you might be charged with a percentage of fault, which means that your compensation amount will be reduced by the percentage that you were found to be at fault.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you were involved in a slip and fall accident in Bradenton, then you could be entitled to compensation. It is not easy to handle a slip and fall case on your own – especially when you have been seriously injured. We highly recommend that you speak to a personal injury lawyer from The Law Place to guide you through the legal system and fight for your right to compensate.
The Law Place has over seventy-five years of collective experience when it comes to helping clients in Bradenton and all over the State of Florida to win the compensation that they deserve. Our practice areas cover all kinds of personal injury claims, from slip and fall accidents to road accidents.
We have a dedicated team of personal injury attorneys who will manage your case from the very start to the very end. Our law firm understands that a slip and fall accident can quickly change your life and turn it upside down, which is why we will be at your side every step of the way.
Our team of slip and fall accident lawyers will fight to make sure that you receive the compensation that you deserve, which will cover your medical bills, pain and suffering, and any changes to your quality of life. We will handle all of the paperwork while you are on your way to full recovery.
Do not delay and get in touch with The Law Place today. Contact us now on (941) 444-4444, and we will fight your slip and fall accident together in Bradenton County.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form