A left-turn car accident occurs when a vehicle poorly initiates a left-hand turn and ends up colliding with an oncoming driver. On Venice’s busy roads and highways, it’s not uncommon for drivers to make errors when turning left that result in dangerous and potentially devastating crashes. These types of road collisions are especially common at intersections, where a driver attempts to pass a waiting vehicle, and traffic signals, as drivers may turn improperly in order to beat a changing signal.
Every driver on a Florida road owes everyone around them a duty of care to drive carefully and sensibly. If someone recklessly and improperly turns left and causes an accident, then the driver has put lives in danger and should be held accountable for the pain and suffering that they inflicted on victims.
Usually, in left-turn accidents, the driver who turned left is at fault and owes the victim compensation. So if you or a family member have been injured in a Venice left-turn car accident, then you should contact The Law Place immediately to find out if you deserve compensation. Our personal injury attorneys have over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system, so call us today to schedule a free consultation and receive reliable legal advice.
Begin your journey to justice and call us at (941) 444-4444. Phone lines are open 24/7.
Floridan Rules About Drivers Making Left Turns
Under Florida Statute 316.122, the following is stated in regards to making left turns:
“The driver of a vehicle intending to turn to the left within an intersection or into an alley, private road, or driveway shall yield the right-of-way to any vehicle approaching from the opposite direction, or vehicles lawfully passing on the left of the turning vehicle, which is within the intersection or so close thereto as to constitute an immediate hazard. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation”
This means that, for example, if a driver is turning left at an intersection or into an alley, private road, driveway, or entrance to a business, they must yield the right of way to any approaching vehicles.
If a driver breaks this rule and causes a car accident by not yielding the right of way, then the victim may be able to file a lawsuit against them.
Major Accidents Caused by Left Turns in Venice, FL.
As every driver is expected to yield to oncoming traffic before making a left turn, it is important that drivers have sound judgment and a focused mind, especially if they are at a busy road or intersection. Drivers must also be capable of adapting to changes in road conditions and obey the traffic law.
Despite this, it’s unfortunately not uncommon for improper left turns to cause an auto accident, usually because of an error in the driver’s judgment. Drivers often fail to notice and cut off the path of cars, motorcycles, and even trucks. What is almost always more dangerous, however, is when drivers fail to notice pedestrians or cyclists approaching before they proceed with the left turn.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 22% of car accidents at intersections in the United States are caused by cars turning left, and as intersection accidents roughly account for 40% of accidents, this means improper left turns are a huge cause of car accidents all over the United States.
What Causes a Left-Turn Accident in Venice, FL?
While there are many reasons that a driver may cause a left turn car accident, listed below are some of the most common reasons in Venice:
- The driver was distracted, perhaps because they were using their phone, eating, or talking to another passenger and didn’t see the other vehicle that was approaching.
- The driver ran a red light or ignored a stop sign.
- The driver misjudged the speed or distance of the oncoming vehicle.
Regardless of the reason why the accident may have occurred, if you were a victim of a left turn car accident, then you may be entitled to compensation. Call The Law Place today for a free consultation with one of our experienced and accomplished car accident attorneys.
Injuries Often Sustained in Left-Turn Accidents in Venice, FL.
Car accidents can leave everybody involved suffering from severe and devastating injuries, which, in extreme cases, can sometimes prove to be fatal. Listed below are some of the most common injuries that a left-turn auto accident can cause:
- Head or brain trauma, including concussions.
- Neck injuries, including whiplash.
- Back or spinal cord injuries, including paralysis.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Internal bleeding.
- Nerve damage.
- Cuts, bruises, burns, sprains, and lacerations.
- And, in serious cases, wrongful death.
Car accidents can also lead to victims suffering from trauma and emotional distress.
If you have sustained any type of injury or impact from a Venice left turn car accident, then we advise you to get in touch with a reputable law firm to schedule a free consultation as soon as possible. All of the personal injury attorneys at The Law Place are experienced in dealing with many kinds of car accidents, including left-turn crashes, so you know that they will be able to fight for the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve. To schedule a free case evaluation with an established Venice car accident lawyer you know you can trust, contact The Law Place today!
What to Do After Being Injured in a Left-Turn Accidents in Venice, FL.
If you have been involved in a left-turn car accident, then you must take immediate action to ensure your safety and to increase the likelihood of winning any financial compensation. Below are some steps that we recommend you follow if you’ve been in any sort of accident:
- Seek medical attention – It is crucial that you receive any medical attention that you require. Even if you don’t think you need it, you should still go just to get checked over. This will also create documentation about your accident and the injuries it caused, which will be incredibly useful to your claim. You should check on the other people involved in the accident as well, if possible.
- Call 911 – This may appear to be an extreme step, but it’s important to get a police report, as this will accurately document the accident scene and exactly what happened. The police will also be able to interview any eyewitnesses of the crash.
- Take pictures – If possible, try to take photographs of the accident scene, your injuries, and property damage that you sustained.
- Don’t speak to insurance companies – The at-fault driver’s insurance company will try to speak to you as soon as they can. They will want to take a recorded statement to try and trick you into admitting some fault. You should make sure to speak to a personal injury lawyer before you speak with the insurance company to help you avoid making these kinds of mistakes so that you get all the financial compensation that you deserve.
- Call The Law Place – You should contact The Law Place as soon as possible and schedule a free consultation. The sooner you do so, the more time we will have to build your case.
- Keep important documentation – It’s essential that you safely store any documents that are relevant to the accident. This includes medical bills, copies of your medical records, journals of your pain and discomfort, and more. This will help you tremendously when you eventually do file a claim.
The most important thing to remember is to never admit fault, or even partial fault, to anyone. Dealing with a lawsuit by yourself can be difficult and confusing, especially if you’ve never had any experience with the Florida legal system before, so it’s important that you hire reputable legal representation if you’ve been involved in a left-turn car accident. For a free consultation, contact The Law Place today.
Florida’s Comparative Fault Law
The State of Florida is a comparative fault state, which is explained under Florida Statute 768.81. Essentially, this means that any party that was involved in an accident could be assigned a specific percentage of fault based on the circumstances. This means that even if you were involved in a car accident where another driver pulled out on you to turn left, you could still be deemed partially at fault if you acted in a way that may have led to or exaggerated the crash. For example, if you were speeding just before the accident, then the courts could declare you to be 20% at fault for the accident. This means you can still file a claim, but any compensation you win will be reduced by 20%.
This can be difficult to understand and work with if you’re filing a lawsuit by yourself, which is one of the many reasons why we advise you to hire a lawyer who can help guide you through this process and offer you valuable legal advice. By working with The Law Place, you will be giving yourself the best chance at securing the financial compensation and justice that you deserve.
Determining Liability in a Left-Turn Accident in Venice, FL.
If you were involved in a left-turn accident and left injured, then you should contact The Law Place. In order to recover compensation for your case, our team of personal injury attorneys will do their best to prove that the driver who turned left was behaving in a negligent manner and ultimately violated their duty of care. The parties who could be held liable for the car accident include the following:
- The driver turning left.
- The employer of the driver turning left if the driver worked for a company as a driver at the time of the crash.
- The manufacturer, if the vehicle or a vehicle part was found to be defective.
- If the driver didn’t own the vehicle they were in, then the owner of the vehicle.
- A mechanic and the auto shop they work for if they serviced the vehicle negligently.
Damages Often Recovered in Left-Turn Accident Cases in Venice, FL.
At The Law Place, our Venice car accident lawyers each have extensive experience in dealing with the Florida legal system and helping clients involved in accidents just like yours, so you know that they will be able to get the maximum amount of financial compensation possible considering your specific case. Therefore, if you or a loved one have been injured in a left-turn car accident, then you should contact The Law Place today. Our lawyers know that you are likely currently suffering from not just the injuries and trauma caused but also an unfair amount of financial burden.
Once you have hired our law firm, our attorneys will be able to get to work establishing the negligent party, calculating your damages, and gathering enough evidence to fight your case. The Law Place often succeeds in recovering compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses – If you needed medical treatment after the car accident, then you should receive compensation to cover these expenses, including doctor visits, surgeries, prescriptions, physical therapy, and even your transportation to and from appointments. It can also include past, present, and predicted medical costs.
- Lost wages – If you had to miss work for a period of time because of the injuries you sustained, then you should be compensated for the wages that you ended up losing. Depending on the injuries, you may also be entitled to compensation to cover any decreased future earning ability.
- Property damage – It’s likely that your motor vehicle was damaged during the crash. If so, you deserve compensation to cover the costs or repairs.
- Pain and suffering – If you are suffering from emotional distress or mental trauma because of the car accident and can no longer enjoy some of the activities that you used to, then you may be entitled to compensation. However, as this can be very difficult to prove, it’s crucial that you have a car accident lawyer on your side who can help quantify your suffering and ensure you get the compensation that you deserve.
- Wrongful death – If you lost a loved one in a left-turn car accident, then you should be entitled to compensation to cover funeral costs and loss of consortium.
We know that no amount of money will be able to fix the injuries and trauma that you’ve been suffering from, but it can help you manage the financial losses created by the crash and serve as some form of justice.
This is why it’s so important that you contact The Law Place to fight for the compensation that you deserve while you relax and focus on healing from the accident. Contact The Law Place today, so you can be sure that your case is in the hands of experienced and determined personal injury lawyers.
Why Should You Contact a Venice Car Accident Lawyer?
If you have been involved in a car accident in Venice or elsewhere in Florida, then you need to act quickly. Florida Statute 95.11 states that victims have only four years after the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you wait too long, your case will be barred, which will prevent you from securing a settlement no matter how serious the accident may have been. This means that you shouldn’t hesitate to file a claim – instead, you should contact The Law Place as soon as possible to give our personal injury attorneys plenty of time to review and build your case so that you have a chance at receiving a settlement.
A lawyer will be able to determine whether your claim is valid and if you should file a lawsuit or settle outside of court. They will be able to advise you, investigate your case, and negotiate with your insurance company, if necessary, to ensure that they don’t take advantage of you.
If you have been injured in a left-turn car accident, then you should be focusing on recovering from the traumatic experience, not having to deal with the complicated legal system and insurance companies. By calling The Law Place, one of our personal injury lawyers will take over the bulk of the work for you, meaning that the stress will be completely lifted from your shoulders. Contact us soon, though, to guarantee plenty of time for your lawyers to develop a strong case and give you the best chance at winning the lawsuit. It will also mean that you can put the traumatic event behind you sooner.
How a Venice Car Accident Lawyer Could Help You
It is essential that you hire a lawyer who has prior experience working on cases like yours, as they will have the knowledge and skill required to build a strong case in the pursuit of compensation. Some specific ways that our Venice lawyers can help you are:
- Offering reliable and valuable legal advice and answering any queries you may have about your specific case or the legal process in general.
- Thoroughly investigating your case and gathering any relevant evidence, such as witness statements and police reports, which could strengthen your case.
- Determining the full value of your case and how much compensation you deserve by going through medical bills, any receipts, doctor’s statements, employment records, and more.
- Communicating with the defense team on your behalf.
- Negotiating a fair settlement if this is the best option for you.
- Fighting for your rights in court if we don’t believe the settlement that the defense is offering is fair.
The State of Florida gives accident victims the right to hold at-fault drivers accountable for the impacts and burdens they may have sustained due to negligence. Our team of experienced Venice attorneys will ensure that you achieve the justice that you deserve, so call us today to schedule a free case evaluation.
The Law Place
If you or a loved one have been involved in a left-turn car accident that wasn’t your fault, then you should contact The Law Place as soon as possible. Car accidents can leave victims suffering from extensive injuries and trauma through no fault of their own, so if you’ve been involved in one, then you may deserve compensation and should speak to a skilled personal injury lawyer today.
Our law firm takes all personal injury claims very seriously. We know that no amount of compensation will be able to fix what you have endured, but it will help cover the financial burdens you may be struggling from and also serve as proof that justice has been served.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate to contact us. We offer a free case evaluation to anyone who thinks they may deserve compensation, so call us today to receive valuable legal advice from knowledgeable accident attorneys that you can trust.
You deserve justice and compensation, so call us at (941) 444-4444.