- Common Issues Involved in a Failure to Yield Accident in Tampa
- Who Has Right of Way in Florida?
- How Do Ee Prove Liability in a Failure to Yield Car Accident?
- How Do We Gather Evidence to Prove the Other Party Failed to Yield?
- What Damages Can You Claim for After a Failure to Yield Accident and How Will a Lawyer Prove Them?
- The Biggest Cause of Failure to Yield Accidents
- What Can Tampa Florida Injury Lawyers Do for You?
- Contact The Law Place
Failing to give right of way in Tampa, Florida, is one of the biggest causes of personal injuries and accidents. When drivers decide to ignore the rules of the road and act negligently, they can cause accidents that can rob families of their children or cause lifelong injuries that will alter a person’s life forever.
If you have been involved in an accident that has caused you a personal injury in the Tampa area, speak to the skilled personal injury lawyers at The Law Place. We are ready to help, just call us on (813) 544-4444 – our phone lines are always open.
Common Issues Involved in a Failure to Yield Accident in Tampa
Your personal injury lawyer at The Law Place will assess your case during a free consultation and will be able to estimate where the fault lies and what your chances are of a claim.
Who Has Right of Way in Florida?
In Florida, right of way laws are simple and clear:
- When approaching a stop sign, you must yield all right of way to other motorists and pedestrians.
- On an open intersection, you must yield right of way to any other vehicle already on the intersection.
- On a roundabout, you must always yield to oncoming traffic from the left.
How Do Ee Prove Liability in a Failure to Yield Car Accident?
To prove you have suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence during a failure to yield accident, your Tampa personal accident lawyer will do everything they possibly can to place fault on the correct party. This is what they will need to prove:
- The other party owed you a duty of care.
- The other party did not uphold their duty of care.
- The other party’s actions caused you a personal injury.
Just because another party has failed to yield does not mean you will automatically win your case. They will often try and lie by saying things like “you were speeding,” or “I couldn’t see the sign.” This is another reason a personal injury accident lawyer is a good idea, and they will be able to disprove the other parties’ lies.
How Do We Gather Evidence to Prove the Other Party Failed to Yield?
If you have representation, your Tampa car accident lawyer will begin to collect evidence to build your case. They will:
- Go to the accident scene and look for any visible evidence like skid marks.
- Both vehicles will be examined by professionals who will be able to evaluate how the accident played out.
- Locate any witnesses who were at the scene and get witness statements as well as speaking to the police and first responders who were on the scene.
- Check for any local CCTV that can prove your claims.
What Damages Can You Claim for After a Failure to Yield Accident and How Will a Lawyer Prove Them?
There are a huge number of different types of damages that you may be able to claim after an accident that isn’t your fault. Here are the most common ones:
- Medical bills – Any costs for injuries you have received as a result of the accident will be claimable as long as you keep all records of the bills and follow the full treatment plan a health professional has told you too.
- Loss of earnings- This compensation includes a payment to cover the money you have lost if you cannot go to work. If you damage your leg, for example, and cannot drive to work, they will have to cover your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering is an overall term that is used to describe the physical and emotional trauma an injured person experiences during the accident and recovery.
- Punitive damages – A rare form of damages that are awarded for two reasons—either gross negligence or injury with intent.
To help build evidence to claim these damages your Tampa car accident lawyer will:
- Liaise with your doctor – Any medical professionals who are dealing with your injuries will be contacted for proof and statements on your health.
- Contact a life planner- If your injuries are going to impact your way of life, we will speak to a planner who can calculate what that cost will be to ensure you are not out of pocket long term.
The Biggest Cause of Failure to Yield Accidents
In research posted by The US Department of Transportation, it was found that in over 35% of failure to yield accidents, the accident was caused by drivers turning in front of oncoming motorcycles.
Our accident lawyers at The Law Place are well equipped to deal with all forms of failure to yield motorcycle accidents and the injuries they cause. We know that even the best and safest of riders can find themselves in a collision that is not their fault, and we always aim to offer you the best service in getting you the compensation you deserve.
What Can Tampa Florida Injury Lawyers Do for You?
Nearly 90% of cases involving injury lawyers result in a payout and that payout averages at 60% higher than those who do not use a lawyer, although this varies case by case. If you have a case, we will work tirelessly to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
At The Law Place, our attorney’s will also do all the hard work for you. We will always try our absolute hardest to provide you with a stress-free and simple claims process. From the second you get your free consultation to the moment you get your payout, we want you to be healthy and in a good place mentally.
To begin with, you will speak to one of our car accident lawyers who will be able to evaluate your case and give you some free no-strings-attached advice regarding your case. We will ask some simple questions and make sure that you are doing okay.
If you decide that you want representation, we will then call you in for a more detailed meeting. During this meeting, we will explain how our fees work and make sure you understand what you will have to pay and when. Then we will get you to sign the paperwork, and then we will have an in-depth interview about your accident.
From this point on, we are going to be looking out for you. We will do your investigation by speaking to all your witnesses, police officers, and first responders who were on the scene. We will also tell you to stop liaising with any insurance companies and to refer them to us if they try to call. This will protect you from any underhanded tricks that the insurance companies will try and use to devalue your claim.
After doing our investigation, we will have a strong case built for you. This gives us negotiating power, and we will use that to ask for a reasonable and agreeable settlement value from the other party. If they listen to our case and accept, you will get your money and then pay us our fee.
If they refuse the claim or return with an offer that is unacceptable, we will then take the case we have built for you and use it in court to prove to a judge that you deserve that compensation. Most cases settle before this point, and with a reputable attorney behind you, most insurance companies will try to avoid a real court battle.
Contact The Law Place
If you have been in a failure to yield collision that was not your fault, whether it be a car accident or a pedestrian accident, our skilled, Tampa based team at The Law Place can help you. Book in a free consultation today by calling (813) 544-4444 and get all the information you need to proceed with your claim.