According to Florida Statute 775.0844, a white-collar criminal is usually non-violent with white-collar crimes involving the deceit of another party to unlawfully acquire access to their property or finances to steal said property or finances.
At Law Place, our team of attorneys has decades of collective experience in dealing with the intricacies of Florida law and is well versed in all types of white-collar crime charges. If you choose to move forward with legal representation from The Law Place in Sarasota, Florida, your case will be reviewed by our team of white-collar criminal attorneys, and you will be assigned a skilled and experienced attorney.
Your criminal defense attorney in Sarasota will work closely with you, laying out the steps to build you a strong defense as they review your case. All of this is done so you can make the most informed decisions you can as you move forward with the legal process.
For a free consultation, contact us at (941) 444-4444.
In This Article
- What Is a White-Collar Crime?
- What Are the Potential Penalties for a White-Collar Crime in Sarasota, Florida?
- How Will The Law Place Help to Build Your Defense?
- Call The Law Place Today
What Is a White-Collar Crime?
A simple example of white-collar crime would be claiming to be the representative from another party’s bank to acquire their information and extract money from their account or make purchases in their name.
Some other examples of white-collar crime have been listed below:
- Identity theft
- Computer-related crimes
- Forgery or counterfeiting
- Passing bad checks
- Bribery of public officials
- Use of a fraudulently obtained receipt
For a free legal consultation with a white collar crimes lawyer serving Sarasota, call 941-444-4444
What Are the Potential Penalties for a White-Collar Crime in Sarasota, Florida?
Some white-collar crimes will be prosecuted on the state level and so will carry lesser penalties. While these are more lenient than white-collar crimes prosecuted at the federal level, they are still very severe.
- Second-degree misdemeanors – The penalties for which include a fine of up to $500, as well as up to sixty days in jail.
- First-degree misdemeanors – The penalties for which include a fine of up to $1,000, as well as up to one year in jail.
- Third-degree felonies – The penalties for which include a fine of up to $5,000, as well as up to five years in state prison.
- Second-degree felonies – The penalties for which include a fine of up to $10,000, as well as up to fifteen years in state prison.
- First-degree felonies – The penalties for which include a fine of up to $10,000, as well as up to thirty years in state prison.
Sarasota White Collar Crimes Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
How Will The Law Place Help to Build Your Defense?
Your criminal defense lawyer will go through all of the prosecution’s evidence for your alleged crimes and advise you on the best possible steps to take moving forwards with your case. Understanding what evidence is being brought against you is important, as it will influence the necessary steps to tailor your defense when fighting your case.
It’s also important to note that while facing these charges, you are still innocent until proven guilty. Furthermore, the prosecution must prove beyond any reasonable doubt that you are guilty before they can successfully convict you of committing any white-collar crimes.
When fighting the prosecution, your lawyer may put forward question such as;
- Can it be proven that you intended to steal either money property?
- Was any money or property ever actually stolen?
The burden of proof is with the prosecution in cases of white-collar crime, so it is down to them to convince both the judge and jury of your guilt. With an experienced white collar crime attorney from The Law Place on your side, you stand the best chance of ensuring this does not happen.
Call The Law Place Today
At The Law Place, every case matters. So you can rest a little easier knowing that our lawyers are dedicated to ensuring your rights to a fair outcome at the end of your case. If you choose legal representation from The Law Place, you will be assigned an experienced and highly skilled Sarasota white collar crime lawyer.
If you are facing charges for white-collar crimes, then call The Law Place. After a free consultation, your criminal defense lawyer will get straight to work, building your defense and beginning the process of guiding you smoothly through the confusing landscape of Florida criminal law.
Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. So if you are facing charges for white-collar crime in Sarasota, FL., and require a skilled and dedicated white-collar criminal lawyer, call now.
For a free consultation, call us at (941) 444-4444.