The State of Florida is full of scenic and beautiful roads. It, therefore, comes as no surprise that many motorcyclists visit Fort Myers every year. With so many motorcycles on our roads, there are, unfortunately, many motorcycle accidents that occur. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) published in 2018 that 4,985 people in the United States lost their lives following their involvement in motorcycle accidents. This is a harrowing number of lives lost. It reminds us just how dangerous motorcycle accidents can be. You may be relieved to know that most motorcycle accidents will not result in fatalities.
A motorcycle or another vehicle changing lanes unsafely in Fort Myers, Florida, is one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident or have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you should contact a Fort Myers personal injury lawyer to try and win the compensation you deserve. At The Law Place, our motorcycle accident attorneys have over 75 years of combined experience. We have practice areas all over Florida, so no matter where you have been injured, we can help you win the justice that you deserve. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. Our office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to listen to your call. Contact our personal injury attorneys now.
In This Article
- Should I Hire a Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
- What Is the Average Payout for a Motorcycle Accident in Fort Myers, Florida?
- What Can I Do to Help My Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Case?
- Who Is at Fault in Most Motorcycle Accidents?
- What Are the Odds of Serving a Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident?
- Why Am I More Likely to Be Injured in a Motorcycle Accident Than a Car Accident?
- What Are the Most Common Injuries Suffered in Motorcycle Accidents?
- What Compensation Am I Entitled to After a Florida Motorcycle Accident?
- What Should I Do if I Witness a Motorcycle Accident in Fort Myers, FL?
- Why Do Drivers Make Unsafe Lane Changes in Florida?
- Who Investigates Traffic Accidents in Fort Myers?
- When Should I Contact Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
- How Much Will Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Cost?
- Contact The Law Place Today!
Should I Hire a Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
If you or someone dear to you has suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you should contact a Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer at our law firm today. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys. It is your choice whether your hire a motorcycle accident lawyer or not. However, by doing so, you will be giving yourself a greater chance of winning all of the compensation you deserve.
Following your Florida motorcycle accident, you are within your legal right to represent yourself in negotiations with your insurance company. If you have suffered a motorcycle injury, hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer can be hugely beneficial because of the following reasons:
- It will help prevent insurance companies from pressuring you to accepting low settlement offers.
- Insurance companies will be far more likely to reject your personal injury claim if you have an attorney working on your Fort Myers motorcycle accident case.
- Insurance companies will be more likely to recognize that your injuries relate directly to your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a unsafe lane change motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Fort Myers, call 941-444-4444
What Is the Average Payout for a Motorcycle Accident in Fort Myers, Florida?
All Fort Myers motorcycle crashes vary greatly, and therefore it is difficult for a Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer to state what the average payout for these kinds of accidents is. The truth is, there is no such thing as an “average” payout. Many factors can impact how much compensation you can expect to achieve once you have filed a personal injury claim, and these are:
- The severity of your injuries suffered.
- How much property damage was sustained in the accident.
- Your insurance company policies.
- The insurance company policies of the motor vehicle driver at fault in your accident.
If you are wondering how much your Fort Myers motorcycle accident or car accident claim could achieve in compensation, you should contact a motorcycle accident attorney at our law firm today for a free case review. One of our motorcycle accident attorneys will be able to briefly examine your case to give you a rough estimation of what a case like yours could achieve in compensation.
Fort Myers Unsafe Lane Change Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Can I Do to Help My Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Case?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by other motor vehicles lane splitting or changing lanes unsafely, there are a few things you can do that can improve your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve. First of all, you should try and document the accident scene as best as you possibly can. This means that you should use your cellphone to take videos and pictures if you are well enough to do so.
Secondly, you will be able to help your motorcycle accident attorney out greatly if you can supply them with a copy of your medical and police report if possible. This will help an attorney determine how much you should receive in compensation.
Additionally, our law firm strongly urges that you avoid posting about your Fort Myers motorcycle accident on social media. This is because whatever you publish on social media can be held against your personal injury claim and hinder your chance of achieving the justice you deserve. Insurance companies regularly check social media so that they can avoid paying out. You need to remember that these are million-dollar companies with profit being their sole priority, not you and your motorcycle accident injuries.
Who Is at Fault in Most Motorcycle Accidents?
You may be surprised to find out that most motorcycle accidents are caused by car and other motor vehicle drivers and not motorcycle enthusiasts. However, if a motorcycle accident case goes to court, the actions of everyone involved will be scrutinized properly. Unsafe lane changes are one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents, and in these cases, the driver who makes the unsafe lane change maneuver will typically be the negligent party responsible.
It doesn’t matter who you think may be to blame for your accident. If you have been injured, you need to contact a motorcycle accident attorney at our law firm as soon as possible for a free case evaluation. We can help you build a motorcycle accident injury claim so strong that insurance companies will have little choice but to give you the justice you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Are the Odds of Serving a Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident?
It may bring you relief knowing that most Fort Myers motorcycle accidents will not result in fatalities. Most of the time, these accidents will just leave those involved suffering a range of injuries. If you have tragically lost a loved one in a Fort Myers motorcycle accident, we would love to share our deepest condolences with you and the rest of your family. If you have lost a loved one and are wondering whether you may be entitled to compensation, don’t hesitate to give one of our accident attorneys a call.
The odds, therefore, of surviving a motorcycle accident are high. Although most people involved will suffer injuries, as outlined by the Insurance Information Institute (III). They have published data suggesting that motorcyclists are eight times more likely to be injured in a traffic collision than other motorists. If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you should not have to suffer alone. Let our Fort Myers injury attorneys win you the justice you deserve.
Why Am I More Likely to Be Injured in a Motorcycle Accident Than a Car Accident?
You are far more likely to suffer injuries in a motorcycle accident than a car accident because motorcycles simply lack the same kind of safety features. Motorcycles, for example, lack airbags and therefore have nothing to absorb the shock of an impact to protect the driver. Motorcycles also lack an outer shell, and they do not have roofs or walls. This means that when a motorcyclist is involved in a crash, they are likely to be catapulted from their bike. This, unsurprisingly, can cause a whole range of serious injuries. Some further reasons why you are more likely to suffer injuries in a motorcycle accident than a car accident are:
- Motorists typically forget to check their blind spots for motorcycles.
- Motorcyclists do not wear seat belts.
- The relatively small size of motorcycles means that they are often difficult to see on Florida roads, especially when it is dark at night.
What Are the Most Common Injuries Suffered in Motorcycle Accidents?
If you have been involved in a traffic accident in Fort Myers, the first thing that you should do is seek medical attention. Your health should be your top priority. No matter whether you deem your injury to be serious or minor, at The Law Place, we strongly recommend that you seek a professional medical opinion. You don’t have to worry about the medical bills. An attorney will be able to help you recover those costs later on.
The most common injuries that are suffered in these accidents are:
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Head injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Internal bleeding.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Burns, bruises, and lacerations.
- Internal organ injuries.
What Compensation Am I Entitled to After a Florida Motorcycle Accident?
If you or someone dear to you has been involved in a road accident with another vehicle, an Attorney at our law firm can help you file a compensation claim. Some of the damages that we have previously managed to recover for our clients include:
- Medical expenses – This covers any medical bills you have encountered related to your injury, for example, the cost of surgery, hospital stays, and much more.
- Past, present, and future medical expenses – This covers any further medical-related costs you have and will have to encounter. For example, physiotherapy, travel to and from appointments, rehabilitation, and much more.
- Lost wages – This covers any wages that you have missed due to your inability to work because of your injury.
- Reduced earning capacity – If your injury has resulted in you taking a pay cut because you are unable to work to the same extent you did before your injury, you can be compensated for this.
- Wrongful death – This compensation can cover the missed earnings of someone dear to you if they have passed away, as well as cover the emotional support and comfort that the person had once provided for you.
- Loss of consortium – This covers the deprivation of a family relationship if you have been widowed or if a family member has passed away.
- Pain and suffering – This covers all the emotional trauma that you will have experienced as a result of your accident.
What Should I Do if I Witness a Motorcycle Accident in Fort Myers, FL?
If you witness an accident in Florida involving a motorcycle, we would recommend that you try and help if you can. If the first responders have yet to arrive on the scene, you should try and help those involved as well as you can. First of all, you need to check for injuries. If someone looks severely injured, please do not try and move them. If you move them, you may be causing them more harm.
It would also be wise to try and ensure that everyone is in a safe position. If possible, you should assist those involved to a safe place and out of the way of oncoming traffic. After you have ensured everyone’s safety, you must call 911. If there is someone with you, they should call 911 immediately whilst you are helping. The sooner the first responders get to the scene, the better.
After all of this, we would advise that you hand over your contact information to either the police at the scene or to the victims themselves. Your witness statement could prove crucial in helping those involved win the compensation and justice that they deserve.
Why Do Drivers Make Unsafe Lane Changes in Florida?
Drivers change lanes unsafely all the time in Florida. Not only is it illegal, but it is dangerous. Drivers will choose to make unsafe lane changes for many reasons. Some of them are as follows:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – It is against the law to operate a vehicle whilst intoxicated. This is outlined under Florida Statute 316.193. However, drivers frequently choose to drive while under the influence of alcohol and/ or drugs. This, therefore, causes them to make poor judgments and can explain why some drivers change lanes unsafely.
- Distracted driving – This is increasingly becoming a common explanation for why drivers change lanes unsafely in Florida. Drivers today are getting more distracted than ever before by their cell phones, navigation systems, food, etc. This distraction can cause them to accidentally make an unsafe lane change.
- Negligent and reckless driving – Some drivers operate their vehicles whilst emotional. A frustrated driver is far more likely to make an unsafe lane change than someone with a cool head. Also, the overconfidence of some drivers can cause them to make silly mistakes and change lanes unsafely.
Who Investigates Traffic Accidents in Fort Myers?
In Fort Myers, motorcycle accidents are typically investigated and examined by the local police or Florida Highway Patrol. Law enforcement will conduct their own investigation into your accident. At The Law Place, however, we urge that you hire an attorney to conduct their own independent investigation into your crash.
It is always a good idea to have your own independent entity investigating your accident because you have someone you can trust. You will be ensuring that every detail of your accident is investigated and that you will be able to file the greatest possible personal injury claim.
When Should I Contact Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
You should contact accident lawyers immediately after your accident. You must act quickly. As soon as you are feeling well enough to do so, you need to contact one of the attorneys at our law firm. This is because of how strict Florida’s statute of limitations is. These are highlighted under Florida Statute 95.11.
The law states that those who have suffered injuries in an accident only have four years following their accident to file a compensation claim. This is practically no time at all. You will be surprised at just how quickly these years can pass.
If you have tragically lost someone dear to you and are planning on filing a claim for wrongful death, the law dictates that you only have two years to do so. This is a ridiculously short period of time. We cannot express just how important it is for you to seek professional legal help as soon as possible after an accident has taken place. Not only this, but some evidence, such as witness statements, are more valuable and useful to your case the sooner they are recorded after your accident. This can greatly improve your chances of compensation.
How Much Will Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Cost?
In Florida, there is a misconception that hiring an attorney is very expensive and unaffordable for most citizens. This is simply not the case. We understand that hiring professional legal help can seem daunting, but it is far easier than you may believe. At The Law Place, we work on a contingency basis. This means that you do not have to pay our team a cent upfront. All of our legal fees are deducted from the final settlement that we successfully achieve for you. This is hugely beneficial for you because it means that unless we win, you do not pay us anything.
Hiring professional legal help is, therefore, far more accessible than what many Florida citizens are led to believe. You can also trust that your case will be handled in safe hands with us. The Florida State Bar Association monitors the contingency work of every law firm in Florida. We strictly adhere to all of their guidelines. You will never be cheated out of your hard-earned money.
If you have further questions on how our fee structure works, please contact an attorney at our firm today for a free consultation. We will answer all of the questions that you may have.
Contact The Law Place Today!
If you or someone dear to you has suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash in Florida caused by an unsafe lane change, you should contact professional legal attorneys.
An attorney-client relationship at our law firm is built on a great deal of commitment and loyalty. You can trust that we will do all that we can to ensure that you and your loved ones win the justice that you deserve following your accident.
To schedule your free consultation with a reputable member of our legal team, call us today.