White-collar crimes in the State of Florida are serious business, and there are many repercussions that will follow if you are arrested for this offense. The first thing at stake is your freedom, and your professional and personal relationships will also be put under pressure. White-collar crimes have the potential to negatively impact several different aspects of your life, as they tend to involve large businesses and government corporations, which means that risks are higher.
The law in Florida considers white-collar crimes to be very serious offenses. There are severe punishments set in place by the government in an attempt to reduce the number of offenders in the state.
If you have been charged and arrested for committing a white-collar crime, then it is in your best interest to seek legal advice and representation from a reputable law firm as soon as possible in Clearwater. At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of collective experience and knowledge when it comes to managing cases from white collar-crimes, to fraud, to identity theft to domestic violence. We will work to protect your lifestyle and defend your rights.
Our team of skilled criminal defense attorneys has the resources and expertise to build a strong defense to contest your white-collar charges and fight for your rights in court. We understand the uncertainty and fear that you might be going through in the aftermath of receiving a white-collar crime charge. However, a professional criminal defense attorney from our law firm will be able to help clarify your case, answer all your questions, and talk you through the process.
If you are looking to make a smart move following your white-collar crime arrest, then reach out and contact The Law Place now. Our law firm can offer you a free consultation, where we will give you honest advice on how to approach your case in Clearwater. Contact us now at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation, and we will fight your white-collar charges together in Clearwater.
What Is a White-Collar Crime in Clearwater, FL?
A white-collar crime constitutes a vast array of crimes that tend to occur in an economic and commercial based environment, mainly in pursuit of the financial gain of the offender. It is common for many cases of white-collar crimes to be challenging to identify, as there are numerous offenders who utilize their resources and organize highly secure masterplans to coordinate these kinds of crimes.
It is common for prosecutors to rely on whistleblowers (an employee who reports a criminal offense to a government official or an officer from the law enforcement) to give them details and information about mischievous activity or wrongdoing within a business or establishment when a white-collar crime occurs.
It is worth adding that around $300 million is spent on fighting white-collar crimes every year in the U.S., according to a report from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
For a free legal consultation with a white collar crimes lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
Types of White-Collar Crimes in Clearwater, FL.
- Embezzlement – When someone is responsible for handling shared funds and is caught unlawfully converting them for their own personal use.
- Money laundering – When someone masks money that has been gained through criminal activity to make it appear like it has been gained legally.
- Real estate fraud – When an act of fraud involves real estate or another type of property. For instance, if someone presents a forged document to sell a property.
- Mortgage fraud – When someone provides false information on a mortgage application. This is also considered to be an act of real estate fraud.
- Banking fraud – When funds are unlawfully attained from a financial establishment, such as a bank. An example of banking fraud could be lying on an application to secure a loan from a bank.
- Credit card fraud – When someone uses a credit card that has been attained through identity theft or another illegal method.
- Mail fraud – When someone utilizes the resources of the United States Postal Service in an attempt to commit a white-collar crime. For example, sending fraudulent documents through the mail is considered to be an act of mail fraud.
- Healthcare fraud – When someone gains funds illegally by manipulating the billing process or patient care in a healthcare environment, such as a hospital.
- Medicare fraud – When someone incorrectly bills Medicare or makes a false claim with the intention of attaining extra funds using Medicare.
- Medicaid fraud – When someone defrauds the Medicaid system.
- Conspiracy to commit fraud – When someone collaborates with other individuals in organizing and planning to commit an act of fraud.
- Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act (RICO) – When someone participates in the act of fraud or is involved in other white-collar crimes committed within a criminal organization.
Clearwater White Collar Crimes Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Defending Your Name in Clearwater, FL.
According to the law, you are innocent until proven guilty in the State of Florida. In other words, the proof rests in the hands of the prosecutor to try and convince the judge and the jury of your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
The Law Place specializes in understanding the laws surrounding white-collar crimes and helping clients fight their charges in Clearwater and across the State of Florida. A criminal defense attorney from our law firm has the necessary skills and knowledge to contest the arguments of the prosecutor and fight to protect your good name in the courtroom.
It is worth noting that a conviction of white-collar crimes will remain on your permanent criminal record, which will have a serious impact on your lifestyle, and on your professional and private life. In addition, it will also affect your abilities to find future employment, rent or buy a house, and numerous other aspects.
An experienced criminal defense attorney from our law firm will be able to make sure that your reputation remains complete and untainted, as we know that it is a strong asset in every aspect of your life in Clearwater.
Click to contact our Clearwater Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Contact The Law Place in Clearwater, FL.
If you have been charged with a white-collar crime in Clearwater, then it is important that you seek representation from a reputable law firm. White-collar crimes are serious offenses, and there are severe punishments set in place by the State of Florida. So, you will need a skilled lawyer to handle your charges and make sure that you achieve a reasonable outcome for your white-collar case.
At The Law Place, we have over seventy-five years of combined experience when it comes to fighting white-collar crimes. We know that the law in Clearwater might seem confusing and hard to comprehend. Fortunately, we have a team of skilled criminal defense attorneys who understand the law inside and out for the State of Florida.
If you choose to be represented by our reputable law firm, then we will do everything in our power to reduce the charges and decrease the severity of the consequences that you are facing for your Clearwater white-collar crime.
Don’t hesitate to reach out and contact The Law Place today. A skilled lawyer from our law firm can offer you a free consultation, where we will discuss the details and facts of your case and talk you through the legal process of your white-collar crime.
Contact The Law Place now at (941) 444-4444 for a free consultation, and we will fight your white-collar charges together in Clearwater.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form