Motorcycle accidents often cause very severe injuries to those involved, especially for the motorcycle rider. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcycle riders are 28 times more likely to be killed in an accident than drivers of other vehicles. This is because they have much less protection than the drivers and passengers who are inside of a vehicle. This is why it’s so important that all drivers and motorcyclists on the road are cautious and need to do everything possible to avoid having a fatal accident.
As Florida is a no-fault state according to Florida Statute 627.7407, the first thing you usually do after an accident in Clearwater is to turn to your own insurance company. However, if you have sustained more severe injuries, you may not be entirely covered by your own insurance company, and so may have to look to the at-fault party to make up the cost that you deserve. Unfortunately, this could become much more complex if the at-fault driver is uninsured, as it may limit your options.
The legal process surrounding your case may seem very complicated to you because of this. Therefore, if you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident with an uninsured motorist in Clearwater, then you should contact The Law Place. Our personal injury lawyers have over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system, and so will be able to offer you advice and guidance. Contact us today for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444 and let us help you receive the financial compensation that you deserve.
Insurance Laws in Florida
In Florida, it is a requirement that anyone who drives a car has personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, as stated by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (FLOIR). However, this does not include motorcyclists, as they are not required to have this type of coverage.
However, you may still be covered by your own insurance company, particularly if you have extended PIP coverage and uninsured motorist protection.
Insurance coverage can be complicated to deal with and understand, especially for those who are not familiar with this area, and so it may be incredibly beneficial for you to have an experienced Clearwater attorney on your side to offer you sound legal advice. A lawyer at The Law Place would be able to investigate the motorcycle accident and the basis and details of your policy agreement, and then, based on their findings, be able to advise as to what steps you should then take in order to claim for your compensation. Our personal injury lawyers can also evaluate all the options for achieving compensation and the likelihood of this.
This is why, if you or someone you love has been involved in a Clearwater motorcycle accident, you should contact The Law Place today for a free consultation without having to immediately establish an attorney-client relationship.
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
What a Clearwater Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
If you schedule a free consultation with one of our Florida-based personal injury lawyers at The Law Place, and then choose to continue with them, you can trust that they will thoroughly investigate the motorcycle accident that you were unfortunately involved in and review any and all possible avenues to get you as much compensation as possible and any assets that the uninsured motorist at fault may have.
One of our attorneys will be able to offer you many different ways to help you after an accident with an uninsured motorist. Below is a list of the following ways that you may be able to receive help:
- The Law Place may be able to determine and then prove liability for the motorcycle crash. The uninsured motorist may not be the only party at fault: for example, if the roads were not properly maintained.
- An attorney would be able to investigate your claim by reviewing accident reports, recovering evidence, and gathering witness statements. This would all then be used to strengthen your case.
- By working with a lawyer, there is a chance that they will be able to negotiate a settlement and therefore avoid a court case.
- Our law firm could speak to insurance companies on your behalf to save you of that burden.
- We can provide advice that you may rely on to help guide you through your case.
Florida Statue 95.11 states that you have only four years to file your injury lawsuit. If you wait to do so, your case could be dismissed, meaning you will be completely unable to receive a settlement. This is why it is crucial that you contact The Law Place as soon as possible if you have been a victim of a motorcycle accident in Clearwater. By calling us sooner rather than later, you are ensuring that your Clearwater accident attorney will have enough time to develop a strong case on your behalf. So call The Law Place today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Clearwater Uninsured Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What Damages Could I Claim For?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Florida, then you may be facing medical bills, as well as other expenses and hardships that you may have never even considered. Here at The Law Place, our lawyers are devoted to your case and will be able to help you win every cent that you deserve. The following is a list of just some of the most common damages that you could receive financial compensation for:
- Medical bills – If the injuries you sustained in the accident meant that you had to visit a doctor or the hospital, then you may be entitled to compensation to cover these medical expenses. Medical bills could also cover the cost of traveling to and from appointments.
- Property damage – If your motorcycle or vehicle was damaged in the accident, then you may be able to receive damages to cover the cost of the repairs in Clearwater.
- Lost wages – If you were so badly injured in the crash that you could not go to work for a certain period of time, then the lawyers at The Law Place may be able to win you back any past or future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering – If the motorcycle accident left you with emotional distress or you can no longer take part in activities and hobbies that you used to enjoy, then you may be entitled to compensation.
- Loss of a loved one – If someone you loved was lost in the accident, then you should receive money to cover the funeral costs and loss of consortium.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident with an uninsured motorist in Florida, then, unfortunately, it may be more difficult and complicated to received compensation, and the amount you can expect to receive will likely be limited. This is because, if the motorcycle rider doesn’t have insurance, then they probably don’t have assets to spare. We understand how frustrating this may be for you, but this is also why it’s so important to seek professional legal advice.
We will be able to help and guide you as it will give you a much better chance of winning the compensation that you deserve. At The Law Place, we know that financial compensation alone won’t be able to fix everything; however, we know that it can be a great help with any financial burdens you may not be facing, as well as act as some closure to you and your family as proof that justice has been served. This is why you should call The Law Place, to help ease your pain and suffering as soon as possible.
The Law Place
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident with an uninsured motorist, then you should contact The Law Place today. Our experienced Clearwater motorcycle accident lawyers have the skills necessary to be able to claim compensation on behalf of you, even if the at-fault party doesn’t have insurance.
No one should have to suffer because of a motorcycle accident that wasn’t their fault. Call The Law Place at (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation and receive legal advice from our experienced personal injury lawyers. We will help you get the justice you deserve.