Florida is renowned for its dangerous roads. According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV), the number of road accidents in 2020 exceeded 340,000, including over 3,000 deaths. Venice and the entire State of Florida have tried to reduce the number of car accidents caused by aggressive driving by making it difficult to escape liability for damages and personal injury.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Venice car or motorcycle accident caused by aggressive driving, call The Law Place today. Our team of car accident lawyers are experienced in these type of cases and will assist you in getting the compensation you deserve. We offer a free consultation where you can speak about your case with one of our skilled personal injury lawyers.
Call today at (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation. Our lines are open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Why Do People Drive Aggressively?
It is important to distinguish driving aggressively from road rage. Aggressive driving is when a person knowingly takes risks when operating a vehicle. This can include speeding excessively, failing to allow a driver to merge when they have the right of way, not obeying traffic lights, and weaving through traffic. Driving aggressively creates danger for everyone on the road, including pedestrians, and can cause life-changing injuries for people.
When a person is accused of aggressive driving, there will typically be a number of reasons for their actions. Some of the most frequent ones include:
- Driving under the influence – If you are under the influence of alcohol or of any controlled substance, your judgment and reaction abilities will be severely hindered. It is possible for drivers to similarly be affected by prescription medication in this way. In these situations, the likelihood of a driver driving aggressively increases.
- Running late – In many situations, drivers speed or run red lights due to being late for work, for a medical appointment, or even needing to see an ill relative in hospital. This can often result in severe motor vehicle crashes happening.
- Road rage – One of the most frequent reasons that a person drives aggressively is because they have become extremely angered by another road user. When a person experiences road rage, their ability to make a reasonable judgment is impacted, and this often causes a car accident.
How to Spot an Aggressive Driver in Venice, Florida
A person who is driving aggressively will typically engage in road behaviors that make them easy to notice. If you notice some of these behaviors, it is important that you try to stay away from the other driver to try and prevent an accident from happening. Some of the warning signs can include:
- Tailgating other drivers.
- Passing other vehicles illegally.
- Cutting off drivers.
- Weaving in and out of lanes.
- Failing to obey traffic lights and signs.
- Not signaling when changing lanes.
Most Frequent Accidents Caused by Aggressive Driving in Venice, Florida
There are a number of different types of car accidents that can happen as a result of aggressive driving. Some of the most frequent ones that car accident lawyers deal with include:
- Side impact collisions.
- Rollover accidents.
- Rear-end collisions.
- Head-on collisions.
- Multi-vehicle accidents.
When a car accident is caused by aggressive driving, the injuries sustained by those involved are often serious. This is because an aggressive driver will typically exhibit a lot of frustration or rage on the road, being completely careless of other road users. In order to receive compensation for any damages or personal injury you have suffered from a Venice car accident, it is important that you speak with one of our car accident attorneys at The Law Place. Contacting us as early as possible will improve your chances of receiving the right amount of compensation you deserve.
The Duty of Care in Venice, Florida
All road users in Venice owe each other a duty of care. This duty requires that you take adequate steps to protect everyone on the road by driving safely and obeying the traffic rules, which are put in place to prevent accidents from happening.
If a person drives aggressively, they are completely disregarding the duty of care that they are required to uphold. In these situations, it is likely that an aggressive driver will be found responsible for a car accident that they have caused. Being found liable for a Venice car accident will mean the offender may be responsible for the following damages:
- Medical bills – This includes any costs that result from the injuries sustained from an accident. This extends to medical expenses, including any future and past expenses and transport to and from hospital appointments.
- Loss of earnings – Where an accident has restricted your ability to go to work, you may be entitled to damages for lost wages, including any potential earnings you would have made.
- Pain and suffering – This includes any emotional or physical distress you suffer as a result of the car accident. Some factors which can be considered for this type of compensation could include mental suffering or loss of enjoyment resulting from your injuries.
- Damage to property – This includes any damage sustained by your vehicle or damage to any valuable items contained within it.
- Loss of a loved one – When someone you love has died in an accident, there are often huge costs you will have to bear. These costs can include a loss of their income to the household and the financial costs for their funeral.
In order to receive any damages from a Venice car accident, it is necessary for a personal injury lawyer to demonstrate:
- A duty of care was owed to you – All road users automatically owe each other a duty of care which entails them taking reasonable judgment to keep you safe.
- This duty of care was breached – If a driver engages in aggressive driving, it is clear that they have not taken reasonable care towards you, and, as such, they have breached their duty.
- Your injuries resulted from this breach – It is necessary to show that the injuries you suffered directly resulted from the other driver’s breach of their duty of care to you. One of our car accident lawyers will be able to establish this link between your injuries and the breach of their duty.
- The injuries you suffered led to damages – Once the above elements are satisfied, it is important to show that any personal injury you suffered resulted in damages.
If you have been involved in a car accident, you will have to face any insurance companies that are involved. Car accident lawyers are skilled in dealing with these companies, and having legal assistance will make this process a lot easier for you.
In addition to other insurance companies, you will be required to communicate with your own insurance due to Florida being a no-fault state. An experienced car accident attorney can assist you with any dealings you have with them.
It is common that an insurance company will try and offer you a low settlement in order to make themselves a profit. It is understandable that you will be stressed in this situation, and an insurance company may take advantage of this. They will have the backing of experienced accident attorneys who will try to poke holes in your claim to reduce the amount of compensation you receive.
Contacting your insurance company following a car accident in Venice is required by law. The time frame you have is typically 24 hours following the accident. However, your policy will have this specific information contained within it. In order to prevent them from manipulating your claim and trying to establish the fault as yours, you should contact an accident lawyer first where possible. A lawyer can communicate with your company on your behalf and ensure that your compensation adequately reflects the damage suffered. At The Law Place, we offer a free consultation by phone where we will assist you prior to speaking with your insurance office.
What a Car Accident Lawyer in Venice, Florida Can Do for You
Although the particular facts of your case will determine whether you receive compensation, having the backing of an attorney will increase your chances. It has been shown that car accident claims that are managed by an experienced lawyer are paid out 90% of the time. Additionally, the amount of compensation received is on average 60% higher. Getting a free case evaluation from our car accident lawyers at The Law Place may be the difference between you receiving a high payout and receiving no payout at all.
Our law firm will take over your case completely, carrying out the investigation on your behalf. We will speak with your insurance representatives, gather any evidence, examine Florida police reports, and speak with any witnesses or responders to the incident. Following this, we will build a strong case on your behalf, which will be used in trying to obtain the greatest amount of compensation for you.
Most claims from car accidents result in a settlement being made. However, in the instance that we are unable to obtain an adequate settlement from your insurance that reflects the damage you have suffered, we will use the case we have built to fight in court on your behalf.
It is important to note that our law firm works on a contingency basis. What this means is that if we are unsuccessful in winning your case, you won’t lose any money. We guarantee that there will be no hidden costs throughout the process, and we always act transparently. Any legal costs will only come out from your settlement once we have won your case. In your free case evaluation, we will give you an overview of how our contingency basis works and the percentage fee we will take.
Call The Law Place Today
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Venice car accident and have suffered injury as a result, call The Law Place in Florida today. We have over 75 years of combined experience and are skilled in dealing with claims arising from car accidents. Our team of attorneys has the necessary skills required to win your case.
We understand that being involved in a motor vehicle crash is extremely stressful, and the process of receiving a payout can become complicated and difficult. This is why we want to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Call us today in Florida for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444 with an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney. Phone lines are open 24/7.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form