We know that being injured in an accident caused by someone’s negligence can be immensely frustrating, at the very least. Knowing that your injury was preventable and not your fault can make coping with it even more difficult than it would have been already. However, proving that the accident was caused by unsafe premises and property negligence can be confusing and complex, which is why it is so crucial to have a local Clearwater attorney on your side when bringing a premises liability lawsuit.
If you have been injured on someone’s property in Clearwater, and it wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation. If you call The Law Place, a personal injury lawyer will be able to offer you a free consultation and help work with you to determine whether you have grounds to sue for premises liability. Our lawyers will also offer you all the help and advice that you need and work out how much compensation you may deserve.
Our Clearwater law firm has over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with the Florida legal system, so why wait? Get help today to fight for the justice that you deserve. So, contact us today on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free consultation with an established and experienced premises liability lawyer.
Duty of Care
Property owners have a duty of care in Clearwater. This means that they must ensure their property remains in a safe condition for anyone who may enter, sometimes even if they’re trespassers. Florida Statute Chapter 83 classifies victims in the following three ways:
- Invitees – people who have the landowner’s permission to enter the property, such as their family or friends, and are owed the highest duty of care.
- Licensees – this is also someone who has the landowner’s permission to enter the property but is going on the property for their own purposes, such as salesmen.
- Trespassers – people who don’t have permission to be on the property and so are owed these people the least amount of reasonable care, but in some cases can still be held liable for a trespasser‘s injuries.
A final relationship that may be involved in premises liability claims is the landlord-tenant one. This involves both premises liability law and contract law, and so can be complex to navigate. The landlord has legal ownership of the property and is expected to hand it over to the tenant in a safe condition. However, once the contract is in action, the tenant has total possession of the property.
As this can be quite complicated, it is important that you contact a law firm that has lawyers experienced with premises liability cases. At The Law Place, our premises liability attorneys have the skills and experience necessary to be able to help fight for your justice and ensure you get the best outcome and the maximum amount of financial compensation possible. So, call our law firm today to book a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a unsafe premises and property negligence lawyer serving Clearwater, call 941-444-4444
Common Types of Premises Liability Cases in Clearwater, FL
There is a large variety of cases that involve negligence and that you can file premises liability claims against. The following is a list of the most common types of negligence cases:
- Poor maintenance of the premises.
- Insufficient building security.
- Defective conditions on the premises.
- Slip, and fall cases.
- Snow, ice, and other bad weather incidents.
- Water leaks or flooding.
- Dog bites.
- Elevator and escalator accidents.
- Toxic fumes and chemicals.
- Retail store accidents.
- Swimming pool accidents.
- Amusement park accidents.
These may be some of the most common types of premises liability cases, but they are not the only possible ones. If you have been a victim of one of the above accidents, or a different accident that you believe happened because of someone’s negligence, then you could be entitled to compensation. By calling The Law Place today, you will be able to schedule a free consultation with an experienced and skilled lawyer, so you can trust that you are receiving the best possible legal advice that is specific to your case.
Clearwater Unsafe Premises and Property Negligence Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
What to Do After Being Injured on Unsafe Premises in Clearwater, FL
If you have been injured because of an unsafe and dangerous condition on a property, then you may be entitled to compensation. It is important to take the following actions immediately after the accident happened, or as soon as possible, as this will help protect your rights and increase the chance of being awarded the maximum possible amount of financial compensation. This will also help us prove your case in a court if necessary, and collect the necessary evidence.
- Call 911, so that police and emergency personnel come straight to the scene.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, especially what it was that caused the accident.
- Write down the name and contact information of any witnesses as well as any witness statements.
- Visit a doctor immediately to get medical help and have them assess the injury.
- Report the accident to the property owners.
- Write down the names and insurance information of the property owners.
- Request a copy of an accident report that has been written up.
- Never admit fault.
What Needs to Be Proven in Unsafe Premises and Property Negligence Cases in Clearwater, FL?
To receive financial compensation and the justice that you deserve, you will need to be able to prove at least some of the following:
- There was a known dangerous condition on the property.
- The property owner knew about or should have known about the dangerous condition.
- The property owner knew of the dangerous condition but still failed to take steps to fix the situation and ensure it was safe.
- The property owner had plenty of time and chances to be able to fix the dangerous condition.
- The dangerous or unsafe condition was caused by the property owner.
- The property owner did not properly or adequately warn the necessary people of the danger.
These can often be tricky to prove, and so it can be crucial that you have an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side. A lawyer from our law firm would be able to investigate your claim and find the evidence required to prove the above points, therefore giving you a much more likely chance at receiving the justice that you deserve. So, call The Law Place today to book a free consultation to let us help you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages Commonly Awarded in Unsafe Premises and Property Negligence Cases in Clearwater, FL
If you or a loved one have been injured in a premises liability case, then you are likely having to deal with the injuries and trauma caused, as well as an unfair amount of financial losses, likely in the form of medical bills and loss of wages. Once an attorney from our law firm has established the negligent party and gathered enough evidence to be able to prove that you are a victim, then they can determine the number of losses you may have experienced, and now deserve compensation for. This will ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. Below is a list of the most common types of damages that The Law Place recovers compensation for in Clearwater:
- Medical bills – If you incurred any medical bills as a result of the injury you sustained in the accident, then the cost of these bills may be recoverable. This can include doctor visits, physical therapy, medication, surgeries, and even your transportation to and from appointments.
- Lost wages – If you were forced to miss any work because of the injury, then you could be compensated for the lost wages. You may also receive financial compensation for any decreased future earning ability.
- Pain and suffering – If you are suffering from any emotional pain or mental distress, and can no longer enjoy some activities that you used to, then you may be entitled to compensation.
- Wrongful death – If a loved one has passed as a result of another person’s negligence, then you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If this is, unfortunately, the case for you, then you may be able to collect compensation for their loss of income, as well as any funeral costs and loss of consortium.
The injuries caused in any type of accident can be severe and life-changing, and processing the trauma and situation can be even harder for the victim if they know the accident was preventable and not their fault. If this is the case, then our Clearwater premises liability lawyers will be able to guide and support you through the legal process as they represent your case as well as possible. Contact The Law Place, based in Florida, to speak to a personal injury lawyer and for a free consultation.
The Law Place
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury that wasn’t your fault because of unsafe premises or property negligence, then you may deserve compensation and should speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer today. By contacting The Law Place to schedule a free consultation, you will be ensuring that you are receiving help and guidance and that your legal rights are protected. After determining whether your claim is valid and you have grounds to claim compensation, our lawyers will use their experience to fight for your justice. Contact us today on (941) 444-4444 to schedule a free case evaluation and give yourself the best chance at winning the most financial compensation that you deserve.