One of the most common causes of car accidents in Port Charlotte, Florida, is drivers making an improper lane change. A driver who completes an unsafe lane change is acting negligently and/ or aggressively. Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV) have reported that improper lane changes cause over 13,000 car accidents every year in Florida. A Port Charlotte car accident of this nature can leave victims suffering severe injuries.
If you have been injured in a Port Charlotte car accident caused by another driver making an unsafe lane change, you may be entitled to compensation. A personal injury lawyer at The Law Place can help you receive compensation. Our Florida personal injury attorneys at our law firm have over 75 years of combined experience. We have helped countless clients with their car accident cases. Our Florida car accident attorneys can answer all of your questions and offer you some free and unbiased legal advice in a free legal consultation.
Call us today if you have been injured in a Port Charlotte car accident case. Our practice areas encompass the whole of Florida. This means that no matter where you have been injured, we can help you. Call today for a free consultation at (941) 444-4444. Phone lines are open 24/7.
Why Do Drivers Make Unsafe Lane Changes in Port Charlotte?
There are several reasons why drivers change lanes unsafely in Florida. Most of the time, a driver’s negligence will result in them changing lanes improperly and cause a car accident. Some of the most common reasons why a driver will complete an unsafe lane change are as follows:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs and/ or alcohol is illegal in the State of Florida. Despite this, many drivers choose to ignore the law and drive whilst intoxicated. This is dangerous as driving under the influence can greatly impact a driver’s judgment. DUI is a very typical reason why a driver will make an improper lane change.
- Distracted driving – Over recent years, distracted driving has been a major cause for drivers changing lanes improperly. It is very easy for drivers to become distracted by their cellphones, passengers, and navigation systems. These distractions can result in drivers making unsafe lane changes.
- Negligent or reckless driving – An unsafe lane change car accident in Florida is typically caused because of a driver acting negligently and/ or aggressively. They drive with little consideration for other road users.
How Do Drivers Make Unsafe Lane Changes in Port Charlotte?
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a driver changing lanes improperly, our Florida personal injury lawyers can help you. No matter how a driver made their unsafe lane change, you can still claim compensation. Some of the most common ways, however, that a driver will make an unsafe lane change are:
- A driver will fail to show signals before changing lanes.
- A driver will forget to check their blind spots.
- Two vehicles will accidentally merge into the middle lane at the same time and collide, causing a car accident.
- A driver will exit their parking space without checking for oncoming traffic.
- A driver will join a highway dangerously and sideswipe another vehicle.
A car accident caused by a driver changing lanes unsafely can leave victims suffering serious injuries. A car accident attorney at our firm will do all that they can to ensure that you win the justice that you are entitled to. It is not fair that the actions of another motor vehicle could have potentially changed your life forever. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our car accident attorneys.
What Are the Common Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents?
No matter how serious your physical injuries are, if you have suffered injuries in a motor accident, a personal injury attorney can help you file a compensation claim. Not only will victims often suffer painful physical injuries, but they will also suffer trauma, emotional distress, property damage, and pain and suffering. If you or a loved one have been injured in accidents, we highly recommend that you approach a lawyer for a free consultation. A lawyer at our firm can offer you vital legal advice and help you win compensation from insurance companies to cover your medical bills and much more.
Car accidents caused by drivers changing lanes unsafely can result in victims suffering the following injuries:
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Neck injuries.
- Traumatic head injuries.
- Traumatic brain injrueis.
- Internal bleeding and organ injuries.
- Burns, cuts, sprains, and lacerations.
- Broken cones and fractures.
What Damages Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help You Win?
The car accident lawyers in our legal team have helped countless numbers of clients receive compensation for their injuries following their accidents. Some of the damages that our legal team will be able to recover for you in compensation include:
- Medical expenses.
- Past, present, and future medical treatment.
- Pain and suffering.
- Lost wages.
- Reduced earning capacity.
- Property damage.
- Loss of consortium.
How Can Our Car Accident Lawyers Help You?
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, we strongly recommend that you contact a reputable car accident attorney as soon as possible. If you contact us at The Law Place today, you will be able to schedule your free consultation with a member of our team. It is wise to seek the help of a reputable accident lawyer if you are planning on filing a claim for compensation for several reasons. Some of the main ways our accident lawyers at The Law Place can help you include:
- Offer crucial advice and answer all of the questions you may have. We can help you navigate Florida’s complex laws.
- Investigate and examine your accident case in great depth. We will gather every piece of evidence necessary to build you a strong case. This will include gathering medical reports, witness states, and much more.
- Examine the value of your case. We want you to receive the maximum amount of compensation possible when you claim against your insurance company. This is why we will examine medical reports, medical receipts, employment records, and much more.
- Negotiate with your insurance company and handle all of the paperwork, so you don’t have to.
- Fight on your behalf in a courtroom for a fair settlement if negotiations fail to progress.
Is It Worth Getting a Lawyer for a Minor Car Accident?
No matter the severity of your car accident, we would strongly recommend that you at least talk to one of our lawyers in a free consultation. If you have been hurt in an accident through no fault of your own, the chances are that you will have a case worthy of a financial payout from your insurance companies or the insurance companies of the driver at fault.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you are unsure whether you are eligible to claim. There is no harm in talking to a member of our team. We can offer you some free, unbiased advice based on your case.
Do I Need to Act Quickly?
If you have suffered in a car accident in Port Charlotte and are thinking of filing a claim for compensation, you need to act quickly. Unfortunately, Florida’s statutes of limitations are very strict when it comes to filing a compensation claim. Florida Statute 95.11 outlines these limitations exactly.
The law simply states that accident victims only have four years following the date of their accident to file a claim for their injury. Once these four years have passed, victims will be unable to file claims as their cases will be barred. This is why it is important to act quickly following your accident.
These statutes are even stricter on claims of wrongful death. Those who have lost loved ones in accidents only have two years to file a claim for wrongful death. Although this may seem like plenty of time, you will be surprised just how quickly time can fly. Therefore, we recommend that as soon as you feel healthy and able to do so following your accident, you contact a personal injury attorney at our firm.
How Much Will a Lawyer Cost Me?
We recognize how traumatic car accidents can be, and that is why we like to make it as easy as possible for people to seek our help. Hiring a lawyer can feel daunting and may seem unaffordable, but we promise you that this is not the case.
Our lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that you do not have to pay us a cent upfront for our help. It also means that you will never have to face any surprise bills. All of our legal fees are deducted from the final settlement that we will successfully win for you. This is hugely beneficial to you because it means that if we are unsuccessful in winning you compensation, you will not be charged a cent for our services.
The Florida State Bar Association monitors the contingency work of all legal firms in Florida, and we adhere to every single one of their rules and guidelines. You can trust that your case will be dealt with in trustworthy and safe hands with our firm.
Contact The Law Place Today!
There are many reasons why drivers will change lanes improperly. No matter the reasoning behind their actions, if another driver has caused you to suffer in an accident in Port Charlotte, you will be able to file a compensation claim. An attorney-client relationship at our firm is one of immense commitment and loyalty. We won’t give up on you or your case until justice is served.
Contact us today for a free consultation. Our offices are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, there will always be someone ready to take your call. To schedule your free case evaluation, call us now at (941) 444-4444.