If you are a driver here in Port Charlotte and you have a driver’s license, then you are required to stop at all red lights. However, it is the unfortunate reality that there are many drivers here in Florida that run through red lights and also other stop signs for a range of reasons. Due to these actions, if these rules are ignored, it can result in severe and also life-changing consequences – one of which is road accidents.
If you were involved in a car accident due to the driver at fault driving through a red light, then you may be able to file for financial compensation. So, if you have suffered any personal injury from a car accident that was not your fault, then you need to contact The Law Place in Port Charlotte, FL., today.
Here at The Law Place, our team of personal injury lawyers has over 75 years of combined experience when dealing with cases just like yours. Our law firm offers all new clients a free consultation so that we can help you decide the next best steps for your claim.
Contact us today at (941) 444-4444 to schedule your free consultation today.
What Do I Need to Know About Red Light Accidents?
Here in Florida and the rest of the United States of America, there are many rules and regulations in place when dealing with drivers who have run through red lights. Furthermore, all drivers must comply with the rules of the road, as stated in Florida Statute 768.81. But there are still many unfortunate facts surrounding these types of accidents. For instance:
- According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV), there have been 90,000 injuries and also 1,000 deaths that have occurred due to this.
- In Port Charlotte and across Florida, car accidents that are the result of a driver running through a red light are the most common cause of injury compared to any type of accident.
- The number of serious injuries and also fatalities that occur due to drivers running through red lights is, unfortunately, rising here in Florida.
- In response to this, there have been red-light cameras put in place at busy intersections and also four-way stops. This has been done to help catch the drivers who do this and to protect other road users.
Why Do People Run Through Red Lights in Port Charlotte?
There are a number of reasons why drivers decide to ignore or violate road rules and run red lights in Flordia. Some of these reasons are more obvious than others. These may include:
- Speeding – If a driver is caught speeding, then it can be hard for them to slow their speed down and stop in time for the red light.
- Tiredness –A driver may not want to stop to wait at the traffic lights. A driver being tired may also affect their ability to judge their distance and see the light.
- Intoxication – If a driver is driving under the influence, then this would impair their judgment. This can also lead to other reckless behaviors and negligence.
- Being in a hurry –Some drivers claim they jumped the light as they were in a rush, and they would be late if they didn’t somehow make up time.
- An attempt to make the light – This simply refers to the driver speeding up in an effort to get past the traffic light before it changes from green to red. Most of the time, this is misjudged. If this attempt is unsuccessful, this can lead to an accident.
Here in Port Charlotte, there is no reason why a driver should be excused for running through a red light if this resulted in an accident. If you or a loved one has unfortunately been in a car accident like this and you suffered a personal injury, then you need to contact The Law Place today. We will offer you a free consultation where one of our personal injury lawyers will talk through the next best steps with you. Then, they will fight to the end to get the justice and financial compensation that you deserve.
What Are the Types of Injuries You Could Get After Being in a Red-Light Car Accident?
If you or a loved one has been in a car accident that was due to jumping a red light and you obtained a personal injury from this, then you need to contact The Law Place today. This is because you may be able to claim financial compensation for any accident that wasn’t your fault. Here are some of the most common injuries that have occurred due to red light accidents.
- Head and/ or brain injuries.
- Neck injuries, including whiplash.
- Cuts, scrapes, bruising.
- Injuries to the spinal area.
If anyone involved in a red light car accident obtains a personal injury, then this will be costly as it is very likely that medical bills will pile up. If this happens or has happened to you, then an injury attorney here at The Law Place will be able to help you. Your assigned personal injury attorney will assist you in making sure you get the compensation and justice you deserve to cover your medical bills. Contact The Law Place today in Port Charlotte to begin your legal journey with us today.
What Should a Victim in a Red Light Car Accident Do?
If you are a victim of a red light car accident, then it is very important that you stay at the scene of the incident. The first thing you need to do is check yourself for injuries as your health is the most important priority. If you have no major injuries and you have the energy to do so, then you may be able to help anyone else who needs assistance. After this, you need to contact the authorities immediately, which may include the police and an ambulance. If you feel fine, it is still best you are checked over by a medical professional.
Once the police are at the scene of the incident, you need to cooperate. Also, if you can, try to keep photos, notes, or recordings from the incident as part of your own personal records. You may also need to maintain any specific details for the date, time, names of people involved, their contact information, witnesses and their contact information, and anything else important that could help your personal injury lawyer in your claim.
If you have been involved in a car accident, then you need to contact The Law Place today. Our team of personal injury lawyers has over 75 years of combined experience when dealing with these types of cases, so we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact The Law Place in Port Charlotte Today!
If you or a loved one has been involved in a red light car accident, then you need to contact our law firm. We understand how traumatic car accidents can be, especially if they result in personal injury. Your assigned personal injury lawyer will collect all the relevant evidence and thoroughly investigate your case to get the best outcome for your claim.
So, contact us today at (941) 444-4444 to schedule your free consultation. Phone lines are open 24/7.