A T-Bone accident is the term given when an accident happens where the front of one vehicle crashes into the side of another, in the shape of a letter T. These accidents are generally quite severe for the victim as the angles allow for a lot of force to impact a weaker part of the car. These types of accidents regularly happen at intersections when a driver fails to listen to stop signs or when they dangerously run a red light.
These types of accidents become even more severe when the vehicle at fault is a commercial truck. With the added size and weight, accidents can be catastrophic, resulting in huge damages and serious injuries to the victim.
If you have been on the receiving end of a T-bone truck accident in Englewood, you could be entitled to compensation for your damages and injuries. The best course of action for you will be to get in touch with a skilled accident attorney like those found here at The Law Place.
Our team has been dealing with cases like yours for over 75 years collectively, so we have seen it all and have in-depth knowledge on how to obtain the maximum possible settlement. Seeking the help of an attorney is crucial when the case involves a commercial driver as the laws are complex, and often, there will be a well-funded and aggressive legal team attempting to debase your claims and shift liability away from their driver.
We don’t back down from fights like this, and we know exactly how to counter the dirty tricks and tactics used by these legal teams. This means you can take time to step back and focus on the important things like your family, health, and mental wellbeing.
Contact The Law Place and schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled truck accident attorneys. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (941) 444-4444.
Most Common Causes of Truck T-Bone Accidents in Englewood, FL.
Florida is one of the most dangerous states in America to be a driver or pedestrian. In 2017 alone, there were 32,000 truck accidents on the roads of Florida. Of those 32,000, 1,000 of those accidents resulted in life-changing injuries, as reported by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
Florida is working hard to correct this and has implemented a number of rules and regulations to combat the high accident rate. Unfortunately, these do not prevent human error 100% of the time, and this means lots of accidents still happen as a result of someone’s negligence.
The most common causes of truck accidents in general include:
- Human error – The most common cause of all motor accidents that happen across America is human error. This term included reckless and distracted driving. The most common forms of distracted driving include using your phone at the wheel, eating, and changing the radio, whereas the most common forms of reckless driving are speeding, tailgating, and road rage.
- Pressure from employers – Unfortunately, many truck companies are more focused on their profits than they are on their safety measures. This can lead to undue pressure being placed on drivers to meet deadlines and targets. This may lead to them driving longer hours than they should or driving when tired and stressed. These factors ultimately lead to a much higher chance of accidents occurring.
- Driving under the influence – Driving is a complicated task that we take for granted because it becomes so ingrained in our brains. It only takes a lapse in concentration for an accident to happen, however. When drivers are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it takes them longer to react and may impair their judgment. For this reason, it is the responsibility of the trucking company to implement a test program for their truck drivers for drugs and alcohol. Their negligence in this regard might also lead to an accident.
- Mechanical problems – It is the responsibility of the truck driver’s employer to make sure that all trucks are maintained to avoid mechanical failure. If the fault is mechanical, it may mean liability lies with the company, not the driver. The trucking company should have regular maintenance check-ups and should make sure that they only use the correct parts for repair instead of using cheaper alternatives. This can make a case extremely complex to deal with.
- Problems with the intersection – Sometimes, the fault lies with neither party and is actually due to a problem with an intersection. In these cases, your accident attorney might have to hold the local authorities responsible for your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Englewood, call 941-444-4444
Assigning Liability for a Truck T-Bone Accident in Englewood
In some cases, everything is really straightforward. The other driver was obviously negligent and made a mistake. They missed a signal, or they were under the influence, for example.
For many cases, it isn’t quite so simple, and your attorney will have to dig deep into the evidence in order to assign liability correctly.
The most common parties that could be held responsible for your Englewood truck T-bone accident are:
- The truck driver – If the driver of the truck made a mistake or deliberately broke their duty of care to you, they can be held liable.
- The trucking company – If the truck company failed to train their driver to the right standard, failed to maintain their truck, or pressured the driver to work longer hours than usual, they can be held liable.
- The mechanic – If the mechanic who works for the truck company knowingly ignored a fault or installed a faulty or low-grade part, then they may be held liable. They have a duty of care when doing any repair work.
- The third-party driver – It isn’t always the fault of the truck driver in these situations. Sometimes there may be another third party involved who made the driver swerve or react unusually.
The best way to determine who is liable for these kinds of accidents is to enlist the help of a skilled and experienced truck accident lawyer. They have the resources and contacts to conduct an immediate investigation. A strong accident attorney will not back down from a fight with a strong legal team.
Here at The Law Place, we want what’s best for our clients. We will do the paperwork, fight your case and deal with all correspondence with other parties. This means you can take the time to recover and repair.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a truck accident attorney in Englewood and find out what we can do for you.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 941-444-4444
Most Common Injuries Sustained in Truck T-Bone Accidents in Englewood
The severity of a truck accident is going to depend upon the intricacies and variables surrounding the accident. Truck accidents in general, however, tend to come with an increased risk of severe injury and large-scale damages. This is because of the size and the weight involved.
The most common truck accident injuries include:
- Head injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Internal bleeding.
- Broken bones.
- Cuts, burns, and bruises.
- Wrongful death.
One thing that is absolutely crucial to bear in mind is that you need to seek immediate medical attention following any truck accident. If you don’t seek it immediately at the scene, you need to make sure you seek it within 14 days of the accident in order to claim compensation.
The easiest way to do this is to call for a paramedic as soon as the accident happens. Other options include visiting a doctor or ER room. Remember that accidents cause a release in adrenaline or even shock, and these can mask symptoms. Internal bleeding can also have no outward symptoms until it becomes a serious medical problem. If you don’t receive proper medical treatment, they might get worse and cause longer-lasting problems that affect your everyday life.
Contact The Law Place and schedule a free consultation today. Our personal injury attorneys will advise you what you need to do to claim compensation and what damages you could be entitled to claim.
Click to contact our Englewood Personal Injury Lawyers today
Most Common Damages Following a Truck T-Bone Accident in Englewood
Every accident is different, and this means the type of damages and their value will depend upon the crash and the severity. The most common damages we fight for here at The Law Place are:
- Medical bills – Make sure you keep proper copies of all medical bills you incur as a result of your accident. You can claim for the cost of treatment, prescriptions, travel to and from the hospital or doctors, and anything else related to your medical health. You can claim for all past, future, and present bills.
- Lost wages – Following a serious accident, it’s highly likely that you will need to take some time off work to recover mentally and physically. If this results in a loss of wages and earnings, then you can claim for this.
- Loss of earning capacity – If, as a result of your accident, you can no longer work to the same capacity and your earnings go down, you can claim for this.
- Property damage – Due to their nature, T-bone accidents tend to cause serious damage to the victim vehicle. Repairing or replacing your vehicle should not be a cost you have to foot so you can claim for this too. You can also claim for any possessions that were damaged inside the vehicle.
- Pain and suffering – Some damages are hard to place a value too. These are called pain and suffering damages. They can include things like mental anguish and PTSD. Your attorney will have to work out what they think these damages are worth.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Advantages of Cooperation With an Englewood Accident Attorney From The Law Place
If you have just been involved in an accident in Englewood, FL., we highly recommend that you find a skilled and experienced attorney who is used to dealing with cases like this immediately. At the scene of the accident, if you are able, give us a call here at The Law Place. We can give you immediate advice that might stop you from doing something to hamper your chances of a successful claim. We can also advise you on the best course of action and what you can do in terms of collecting evidence. We can also send an investigator straight to the scene.
The Law Place only hires attorneys with a proven track record and genuine human compassion. We have more than 75 years of combined experience in numerous practice areas and have dealt with many truck accident cases over the years. Furthermore, many of our attorneys have even been rated 10.0 by the AVVO, meaning you are in the best possible hands.
We work on a contingency basis, meaning you don’t pay unless you win, and we offer a free consultation where we will advise you and evaluate your case before you even sign the contract for representation. During this consultation, we will go through your case in detail and give you our professional opinion.
If you agree to legal representation from The Law Place, you will have a personal attorney assigned to you. They will become your primary advocate, legal gladiator, and point of contact for all matters regarding your case.
Investigating Your Case
The first and foremost thing we will do once we know you are safe is to begin investigating your case. We will use our contacts and investigators to begin building an airtight case around your accident. We will look at CCTV, investigate the scene, speak to witnesses and obtain records from the emergency services. Once they find sufficient evidence, they will seek an out-of-court settlement or file a lawsuit on your behalf.
If the other party doesn’t agree, we will go to war with them in court.
Dealing With Insurance Companies
Dealing with insurance companies is unpleasant at the best of times. One of the main benefits of hiring an attorney is the fact that they take this burden on themselves. They will do the liaising for you, meaning you never need to speak to that sharky insurance worker yourself.
Insurance companies don’t become the giants they are by awarding money without a fight. They hire aggressive lawyers and use underhanded tricks to devalue your claim. We won’t let them get away with that. We know all the tricks in the book and how to combat them.
Representing You at Court
If the other party declines our offer, or they offer a settlement that you don’t want to accept, the next step is to pursue them with a personal injury lawsuit. This is where your attorney will use the airtight case they built for you to convince the court that you deserve what you are seeking.
Contact The Law Place Today
If you have been on the receiving end of a T-bone accident in Englewood and it wasn’t your fault, then we highly recommend you take advantage of our free consultation process.
Our law firm is built on integrity and passion, and we won’t rest until we think you have been treated fairly and have received compensation that is reasonable. We don’t bow down from a fight, and we font give up easily.
What have you got to lose? Schedule a free consultation at (941) 444-4444.
Call or text 941-444-4444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form