If you or someone you know has been involved in a serious accident that has left you with severe injuries, you may be wondering whether it is worth making a claim and hiring a personal injury lawyer. Not all situations require an injury attorney, but in the cases where a victim has suffered a severe injury, it may be best to seek the legal advice of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
If you are unsure of whether you have a case or should hire a personal injury lawyer, you should contact our law firm today. An attorney at The Law Place will happily listen to you and answer any questions you may have. Our attorney-client relationships are based on confidentiality and commitment. You can call us today at 941-444-4444.
Do I Really Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
The party at fault will likely have a team of attorneys working for their insurance company ready to refute any claims made against them. It is only fair that you hire a personal injury lawyer to support you and your injury claim.
Our legal team at The Law Place in Florida has a combined experience of over 75 years and has dealt with a variety of accident claims. No two accidents are the same, so it can be hard to know when to get a personal injury lawyer. However, from our previous experience, the following resulted in our clients needing an injury attorney:
- You have suffered a severe injury or permanent disability.
- There are multiple parties involved.
- Insurance companies have denied or are delaying your personal injury claim.
- You are not sure who is at fault for the accident.
A personal injury lawyer can help innocent victims of an accident recover the compensation
they deserve and are entitled to. The money recovered can help go towards the immense medical expenses the victim has likely had to face, as well as any lost wages as a result.
All states have different laws, and that is why you may want to seek the legal representation of a lawyer in Florida. They will know every injury law applicable to your case, which county and court to file your case too, which counties offer the best jury awards, and how likely it is your case may end up going to trial.
Personal injury lawyers have many important duties, and it can be beneficial to seek legal representation. Some of their most common duties include:
- Providing advice – A lawyer will be able to act as your mouthpiece. Insurance companies are incredibly cunning and are prepared to use anything you say against your claim. It is so important that you seek the help of a lawyer to avoid a slip-up that could potentially devalue your claim.
- Telling you your rights – A lawyer will be able to explain to you how the accident has affected your rights. Florida is a no-fault state, as stated in Florida Statute 627.7407, and a lawyer can explain how this may affect your case and rights.
- Legally representing you in court – A lawyer will be able to represent you in front of the judge and jury in court as they are experienced in what should be stated and referenced to try and win your case. Most of the time, a case will be settled before reaching a court, but litigation can be complicated, and that is why having a lawyer behind you is so important.
A lawyer will also be able to connect with the medical providers, work through a variety of legal processes, professionally investigate, and assess damages to help your claim.
If you are still unsure whether you need a personal injury lawyer for your case, contact us today at The Law Place. You can call us for a free consultation, and one of our attorneys will be able to give you all the help and advice you may require.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
When Should You Get an Attorney for a Car Accident?
If you are wondering whether you should hire an injury attorney after suffering a car accident, you are not alone. Thousands of people ask the same question in Florida every month. With the cost of medical expenses rising every year, the number of personal injury claims being filed is also increasing dramatically. Our law firm, The Law Place, will tell you why you may want to seek the legal representation of a personal injury attorney.
We advise that you seek the legal representation of an attorney as insurance companies will often delay or deny your personal injury claim without one. One of the main reasons why many people seek a lawyer after suffering a car accident is that they are unhappy about the insurance company delaying a settlement. It is unfair that often a victim of a car accident has to hire a personal injury attorney to achieve a settlement from their insurance company, but that is frequently the push that the insurance companies need.
Additionally, we recommend that you hire a personal injury attorney if you have been badly injured as the result of a car accident. This is because the greater the injuries you have suffered, the greater the value of your potential case, and how much you could be entitled to in compensation. This is usually because your pain and suffering is worth more, and you would have much greater medical expenses and potentially lost wages. It is important to remember that the insurance company will want to pay you as little as possible, so we recommend seeking the legal representation of an injury lawyer to ensure that you receive what you deserve and are entitled to.
An attorney would also help to value your case. It can be incredibly difficult to value your case accurately due to the complexity of working out all the various losses faced as a result of the car accident. You can be owed much more than the medical expenses you have had to face. An experienced attorney would be able to thoroughly investigate your case to calculate its true value. There are over 70 factors that can play a part in how much compensation you could be entitled to.
We would recommend you get an attorney quickly after an accident to ensure that your claim is as strong as possible. This is because the greater the evidence you have against the negligent party, the greater the chance of receiving a better settlement. In Florida, the audio from a 911 call is only kept on record for 60 days. Therefore it is vital to have an attorney who can request this evidence before it gets lost. Not only this, but the personal injury law in Florida, stated in Florida Statues 95.11, only gives a person four years to claim for an injury if they have suffered an accident. Acting quickly is, therefore, crucial, and an attorney with their legal experience would be able to help you get a settlement from an insurance company well in advance of this deadline.
What Kind of Cases Do Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
Personal injury lawyers deal with a variety of cases. The Law Place law firm has over 75 years of combined experience of dealing with accident cases, and some of the most frequent cases we deal with are:
- Motor vehicle accidents – An accident involving a car, truck, motorcycle, boat, or other vehicle is one of the most common accidents to occur in the United States. Frequently in these cases, a claim will be made against another motorist’s negligence.
- Wrongful death – These cases can be incredibly traumatic, and for a tragedy of this nature, compensation can be recovered for many things such as pain and suffering and loss of companionship.
- Slip and fall accidents/premises liability – An injury caused by a slip and fall on someone else’s is a bigger issue than you may think. An injury could be suffered in an accident that could have been avoided if it wasn’t for the property owner’s negligence.
- Birth injuries – These cases can be hugely traumatic for families, and if it is uncovered that a negligent mistake was made by a medical professional, a family could be entitled to compensation.
- Animal/dog bites – These accidents can be more serious than what a person may initially expect. If someone’s pet attacks you, you could be in your right to file a lawsuit against the owner.
The Law Place
If you have any further questions concerning whether you should hire a lawyer after suffering a car accident, contact our law firm today. A lawyer at The Law Place will be able to guide you through the personal injury law and give you all the advice you may be seeking. Call us today on 941-444-4444.