Car crashes occur every day in Florida; unfortunately, they are a common occurrence. This consequently means that many people have to suffer from the injuries they have sustained in their car accidents. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury as the result of a car accident, you may be entitled to claim compensation for your car accident injuries.
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury, you may be entitled to compensation. The Law Place in Florida has over 75 years of combined experience in dealing with accident cases similar to yours, and one of our personal injury lawyers could be able to win you the justice that you deserve.
If you have any further questions concerning injuries caused by car accidents, contact The Law Place today to schedule a free consultation. One of our lawyers will be able to answer any questions you have as well as giving you the legal guidance you could be seeking. Call us today at (941) 444-4444.
What Are the Most Common Injuries?
Motor vehicle accidents can cause a variety of injuries, all differing in severity. Some of the most common car accident injuries that people suffer include:
- Head injuries – It is common for people to suffer head injuries in car accidents when their heads make a powerful impact on the steering wheel, windshield, or window. They may also suffer head injuries if flying debris makes contact with their heads. We highly recommend at The Law Place that you seek medical attention immediately if you have suffered a head injury. Your injury may seem minor, but head injuries can be incredibly serious, and therefore seeking medical treatment is vitally important.
- Soft tissue injuries – Soft tissue injuries do not always appear immediately and may only show up after days or weeks after suffering a car accident. A common soft tissue injury that a person will suffer from after being in a car accident is Whiplash. This will result in a lingering pain in ligaments and neck muscles, but this pain may not be experienced immediately. We recommend that you seek a doctor to receive medical treatment if your pain is persistent. By getting your soft tissue injury treated, you may avoid making yourself susceptible to further injuries.
- Back injuries – A person who suffers a car accident may damage and cause injury to their spinal column or vertebrae. Injuries of this nature can be life-changing, depending on what disks were damaged and how severe the car accidents were. It is paramount that you seek medical attention if you think you may have a back injury. Go to the emergency room if you feel pain or numbness in your back or neck after a car accident.
- Abrasions – These injuries include bruising, scrapes, and cuts and are very common car accident injuries to suffer in car accidents. They often occur when people are thrown against the interior or their cars. Additionally, flying debris such as glass, purses, cell phones, and accessories when thrown at high speed can cause painful injuries such as cuts and bruises. Sometimes abrasions can be minor and only require a few stitches or home remedies, and others can be more serious injuries and require greater medical care.
- Chest injuries – In a car accident, when an airbag deploys, it can cause severe bruising or even broken ribs. Not only this, but a seatbelt can also hurt you and cause an injury in a car accident. A driver is likely to suffer chest injuries when they experience a forceful impact because their proximity to the steering column restricts their freedom of movement.
You could also suffer from:
- Traumatic brain injures (TBI).
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Internal injuries.
- Whiplash and neck injuries.
If you have any further questions or have suffered an injury yourself, contact The Law Place today. One of our lawyers will be able to give you all the advice you could be seeking. If you have suffered an injury in a motor vehicle accident, you could be entitled to compensation. Our legal team can help you win the justice you deserve.
For a free legal consultation, call 941-444-4444
What Are the Most Common Types of Accidents to Cause Trauma?
The Law Place has dealt with many cases involving injuries caused by car accidents. From our previous experience, we have identified some of the most common types of car accidents to cause trauma. These are:
- Distracted driving – These accidents commonly occur because of a driver texting while driving. Despite the laws in Florida against distracted driving, such as Florida Statute 316.305, drivers continue to text while driving and cause serious accidents and injuries.
- Drunk Driving – Driving whilst intoxicated is incredibly dangerous, and despite the police actively arresting those who are driving under the influence, they only catch a small percentage of drunk drivers on the road. A drunk driver who crashes into other motorists can cause catastrophic damage and injuries.
- Road hazards – These accidents usually occur due to the weather in Florida. Not only can the weather be dangerous, but the damage caused to the roads, such as potholes or cracks, can cause a car accident resulting in injuries. It is the responsibility of state and government agencies for the upkeep and repair of Florida roads unless the road is privately owned.
- Defective auto parts – A driver can sometimes lose control of their vehicle because part of their car suddenly and unexpectedly malfunctioned. For example, there could suddenly be an issue with the brakes, steering wheel, tires, and airbags. The company that manufactured the car part that malfunctioned can be held responsible for an injury.
- Aggressive driving – The behavior of an aggressive driver can include tailgating, trying to intimidate other drivers to get out of the way, and weaving through traffic. If you spot an aggressive driver on the road, try and move out of their way to safety. If you have suffered an injury caused by an aggressive driver, you will be able to hold them liable for their reckless actions.
- Violating traffic laws – Every driver is expected to be aware of the traffic laws in Florida and comply with them. Drivers who speed, fail to stop at stop signs, run red lights, fail to yield, ignoring right-of-way rules, and many more violations of these laws can result in a catastrophic accident and injuries.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident or if you have any more queries concerning the types of car accidents, contact The Law Place today. We can offer you a free consultation, and one of our experienced lawyers will be able to answer your questions. Our legal team will also use their knowledge and experience to give you all the legal advice you could be seeking. Call us today at (941) 444-4444.
How Much Do You Get for Pain and Suffering in a Car Accident?
There is no one amount that you can automatically receive for pain and suffering if you have been the victim of a motor accident as the amount a person will recover in damages varies on multiple factors.
Pain and suffering simply refers to the physical pain and mental distress that people who have suffered an injury will experience. Insurance companies will usually refer to these damages as “noneconomic,” and it can be difficult working out how much a person is entitled to as there is no written amount for your suffering.
Insurance companies will usually look at your injuries, your medical bills, and your lost wages to work out how much you should get for your pain and suffering.
The Law Place
If you have been in a car accident and have suffered injuries, contact The Law Place today. We can offer you a free consultation and a chance to talk to one of our experienced lawyers about your case. Call us on (941) 444-4444.